Scotland set-up

dungfunnel

Hi, new to all this, I managed to take in the Scotland amateur game last night at lesser Hamden and if I'm honest I wasn't impressed with what I saw. Was there any call offs from the squad or players out injured?? If that was the managers strongest squad I don't hold out much hope of doing well in any future internationals

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kinda agree wae op surely ghe best amatuer players in scotland should beat what is no more than a half decent junior side, i know its only a friendly n maybe people were getting a chance but if so they should have been keen to impress, a bit defensive froggy guy u something to do wae team, guy was only giving an opinion

Did they not have doune representing scotland at 1 of the championships? if so dont u think it would be better having a tournement during the summer with all the league winners for the winners to go and represent scotland or scottish winners rather than trying to put a team together whats the thoughts???

I think doune won the east that year and beat the team that won the west or something and therefor went on to play as the select team. I remember it being in the daily record.

A right good idea. Save all the bitching about who's in and who's not. Might be a headache for the clubs who are in with a shout of their leagues towards the death.

I put a post up asking if there was players injured or not available because if that was the team I don't think they'd do well if they can't beat a bang average Lanark side, think you've jumped right on the defensive there froggy, can you not have an opinion on this now, bottom line is the best amateur players in Scotland should be beating teams like Lanark.

It's a poor result there's no doubt about it but until people actually see squad list then it's hard to judge.

Cbrown4 mentioned the boys from Colville may not have been involved so if that's the case it seriously weakens the Scotland side.

Archived