Whitehill v Selkirk

uptheslope

Went up to Rosewell yesterday for the resumption of football for 2016 against the Gary O'Connor's Selkirk team. I think the boys from the borders will be disappointed to have left with only one point. Their display was bright and vibrant with lots of good movement up front. In comparison Whitehill were very pedestrian and only really improved when Selkirk scored and they started to put them under pressure. Until Whitehill get a real threat up front they'll continue to struggle in games.

Went up to Rosewell yesterday for the resumption of football for 2016 against the Gary O'Connor's Selkirk team. I think the boys from the borders will be disappointed to have left with only one point. Their display was bright and vibrant with lots of good movement up front. In comparison Whitehill were very pedestrian and only really improved when Selkirk scored and they started to put them under pressure. Until Whitehill get a real threat up front they'll continue to struggle in games.

was at the game aswell, not really sure why Sean Wringe was left on the bench until about 15 mins to go? In my opinion he's the best striker they have and seems strange to have him on the bench!

was at the game aswell, not really sure why Sean Wringe was left on the bench until about 15 mins to go? In my opinion he's the best striker they have and seems strange to have him on the bench!

First game he's not started all season. Young lad Greg Kerr who took his place scored again.

that's fair enough but why was he not starting anyway? Is there any truth in thr rumour he wants to leave?

Not sure where you've heard that but do tell us more kind sir :o

The lad has struggled at this level all season so his confidence is bound to be battered but surely no another one gonnae throw toys oot pram.......

Heard it from a very reliable source who shall remain nameless for obvious reasons ☺

Has he been struggling? Not seen enough of Whitehill this season to say otherwise or agree!

he has started every game apart from Saturday so why would he want to leave ?

he has started every game apart from Saturday so why would he want to leave ?

Perhaps he knows he's struggling. As WW fans have stated on here, he's struggled this year to impose himself for them. If he knows this he may be looking for a change to refresh his season/career.

Don't shoot the messenger, i was asking a question! If he's started every game then there must be another reason behind it?

So yer adding more fuel to the fire :D

Struggled was maybe wrong word,maybes just not had breaks in front of goal.

As previously pointed out the lad started every game ;)

So yer adding more fuel to the fire :D Struggled was maybe wrong word,maybes just not had breaks in front of goal.As previously pointed out the lad started every game ;)

haha not at all. Will he be starting tonight? Was going to head down to the pans but a bit chilly for me and those 2 horrible teams are on the telly!

How is Gary O'Connor doing for you guys? Heard he was doing his coaching badges abroad? Does he still play?

He's a good guy and a good manager. Slowly building a decent team. He stopped playing when he took over but he's back training with the boys so looks like he might start playing again.

Archived