Livi vs Sons

Unless I've missed it there's not a thread for this yet.

Huge game for both teams. A win for us would be a huge step towards avoiding the drop. Livi win makes it really tight going into the next few games.

Hopefully we still have some momentum from the victory over Hibs last Saturday and Livi go in off tha back of a 0-0 with Morton.

Hard one to call!

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This will be huge no matter the result I reckon.

If we win then we're in a very strong position. Not safe, no. But certainly a bit more comfortable.

If it's a draw then it'll help us more than Livi, but I doubt that'll satisfy either team.

A Livi win and the pressure is well and truly on heading into, would could turn out to be, a very congested end to the season.

Same team as last week, but with Osei-Obengo taking the spot on the bench that was previously reserved for strikers called Steven who couldn't score.

Pretty much in agreement with everything that's been said so far.

We should go into this with a bit of confidence off the back of the Hibs win, and a win would be huge.

I don't want to be pessimistic or look at it totally from this viewpoint, but while a win would be fantastic, not getting beat is imperative and a draw wouldn't be the worst outcome.

I'd say start with the same team that beat Hibs if possible, players must be buzzing after that result and performance.

Lose this and I think we can forget about finishing 8th. Being 7 points behind a team with 2 games in hand with 8 games to go would require us going on a run similar to last season and Dumbarton dropping quite a few points.

Same team again for me, play as well as we can and we could get an important 3 points in this one.

As much as having 2 games in hand is nice, it's never safe to assume you'll get anything from them. If we can get the win here it takes some pressure off those games in hand though, a point wouldn't be the worst but given our record at Livi we should be looking to take all 3. We should have a full squad to choose from, apart from perhaps Gallagher who was supposedly out for 2/3 weeks, and they should all be well rested. No excuses.

This game is massive and I'll accept nothing but a win, close the gap to one and then there's a real chance of survival, if we lose this game then we'll finish no higher than ninth place. Like Livi Lion I'd stick with the same team again.

Draw at least a must .

Interesting to see if rout ledge returns as depending who he replace could affect balance we had v hibs.

Id go with same starting 11.

My negativity says time of year livi due a win against us buy positivity is we have good record there .

It's a must win for us this game, If we want to finish outside the bottom two we have to close the gap to 1 point.

If we fail to win its a certainty we are finishing 9th at best.

Dumbarton have had an incredible few years and are rightly praised year on year, they've had the better of us a lot so winning this will be massive.

Same line up again for me aswell but it's Hopkin so I'm not sure if it will be, he kept the team locked in the dressing room for an hour after the game last night.

Same line up again for me aswell but it's Hopkin so I'm not sure if it will be, he kept the team locked in the dressing room for an hour after the game last night.

Did he? What for we didn't play that bad, or is he just trying to get us mentally prepared for this game.

Did we lose the key this time?

Can see Hopkin changing the strikers again but i'd go with the same starting line up again, Think Sheerin should get a go off the bench though.

It's the plot he's lost not the key. Sounds like Andys been swallowing some propoganda. No way Mullen will play he was awful as was kakay - he doesn't even look like professional footballer. Hopefully Buchanan will come back in - and maybe pitman for the anonymous Stanton.

he kept the team locked in the dressing room for an hour after the game last night.

Would that be out of the ordinary?

I wouldn't have thought keeping the team in the dressing room for an hour after a game would be eyebrow raising if the manager wasn't happy with the result or performance.

It's the plot he's lost not the key. Sounds like Andys been swallowing some propoganda. No way Mullen will play he was awful as was kakay - he doesn't even look like professional footballer. Hopefully Buchanan will come back in - and maybe pitman for the anonymous Stanton.

What's the script with Kakay? I thought he looked your biggest threat during the game in the January. Real pace and tricky with the ball at his feet - if a little selfish.

Last night was kaka you poorest performance, but he is still a class act. Overall it was a poor spectical

Livi need to win this game anything else other than a win the best we can hope for is a play off place.

I would drop big Jordan White and replace with Buchanan or Sheerin.

What's the script with Kakay? I thought he looked your biggest threat during the game in the January. Real pace and tricky with the ball at his feet - if a little selfish.

He was good against Alloa, against Morton he was having to hold back more to keep an eye on the likes of Barr, so wasn't getting up the pitch as much. Good player when he has free rein to get forward.

I'd still stick with White and Mullen up front, fed up of all this chopping and changing every game, this is the first time Hopkin is keeping a team from one week to the other and we've 4 out of 6 points so far.

We better set up for a win, there is no excuse with squad availability.

If we attempt to go for a draw here it will be a pumping. There is too much at stake

for Livi and Dumbarton. We've got to win the game end of. We need to find some form

and pick up some consecutive results.

Frankly if we don't set out to compete for 3 points with teams like Alloa, Livingston or St Mirren

then we don't deserve to stay up. This is the bread and butter, Hibs was an excellent bonus and we must build on it.

Won't make it through to the game unfortunately but the Tony mac has been kind to us in the past, hopefully that

continues.

We better set up for a win, there is no excuse with squad availability.

If we attempt to go for a draw here it will be a pumping. There is too much at stake

for Livi and Dumbarton. We've got to win the game end of.

Wondered where you were.

How come we didn't get your take on Saturday's game?

Archived