Newtongrange star

b on the star

2 hours ago, The Faceman said:

Again I agree with the vast majority of your posts and the way you write them but not this time 

1) time wasting by either team is the referees job to control. Personally i thought he added on the correct amount of time. I would like to have had another 2 or 3 in the 1st half but again the officials will see the game differently from someone with tinted glasses on like myself.

2) the second half was frustrating as it was total attack v a well organised and drilled defense. (If Nitten had the 2 goal lead it would be difficult to not defend it) so I ain't having a go at them

Corners are usually a good indicator of which team is on top. Forfar 2nd half corner they had the keeper and 4 defenders back - with 2 holding half way inside Nittens half. - Mainly because Nitten had 3 + 1 outside the box ready to counter. The same when Nitten got a corner. Everyone bar the keeper and 1 defender were in or around the Forfar box.

Once again it is only right to praise Forfar who came with a game plan and their players I thought carried it out. Not my style of football - however if it won the game which it did then hats off to them. 

3) The time for returning the ball. - during the 2nd half I think 5 or 6 times the ball went out the park - 2 shots in very quick succession as well. Again that is part of every game - the referee is in charge of both asking for a new ball and adding any time on. We could have had a hundred balls tossed at the keeper everytime the ball went out of play but the keeper can still swap sides waste time etc 

4) I have to take issue with the point about winning the game and players giving their all. 

Firstly in my book an aggregate loss is a loss. In the same way if Mussey win on pens tonight - it's not a draw it's a win.

Management happy to win 1-0 - not for me. They could be sitting on the beach right now feet up instead of this unknown situation. - why on Earth would they have went to the bother of getting a team together if they had no intention of winning the game? Also who benifits from Nitten not winning the game? Nobody unless I've missed something. 

But although your making the point as you see it regarding players giving their all - i can't even begin to see that point of view mate. I could point to as many facts as you care to listen to about the effort the lads put in. 

- i make the average age under 21 for the entire 15 that were named. 

- 5 yellow cards - the most Nitten have picked up in a game for 20 matches and that was a derby

- the squad (thanks to the Nitten 4) down to the bones.

1 player playing through injury who hadnt played for 11 games.

1 player playing through injury who hadnt kicked a ball in 13 games or 18th February.

1 who was without a start in 9 games

1 making his debut. 2 players with a combined 3 minutes of football for Nitten both who would have made debuts if started and another who had been out on loan and hadn't kicked a ball for Nitten since 19th November.

Could go on. A player who's other half had a baby 3 days before the 1st game but still played and 2 players who altered holidays to make both games. That's the stuff I know about. There is probably more but again rather than either of us blame the folk who turned up I would rather 1st praise Forfar and have a look at the folk who didn't turn up. You never know 1 might be heading your way!

In the same way when Musselburgh lost on penalties to Lithgow with 2 keepers and 2 debutants last season it is totally unfair to blame those lads who gave absolutely everything. the blame for me can only be pointed in 1 direction and that is with those who decided not to play. 

-  31 of this seasons 68 goals worth 

- 10160 game mins worth

- 125 appearances between them worth

If you or me had the skill to play for any team - and to even be paid for the privilege of doing so, I can't for the life of me understand why anyone would not take up that opportunity unless you were seriously injured to go to a social event.  Thankfully the 15 lads on Saturday share my view and panned their nut in and although it ain't my place I would rather have players like that then the ones who some people on here are unbelievably defending.

Going to try and finish on a good point with you, since the end of season is approaching very fast - hopefully for the Burgh, it will end on Saturday as opposed to tonight.

I thought my last two posts to you have been masterpieces - you have said in both of them, in effect, you agree with things I write, but not on these two occasions!

So that's ok, as it is all about opinion and who indeed knows who is right or wrong between us?

You mentioned the Linlithgow cup tie last season, where we lost on penalties - that was one of my favourite games of the season, as we just about caused an upset with such a makeshift team - and if I a remember right, there were no subs on the bench.  Michael Moffatt also played as a trialist (maybe he signed on the day of the match? - not sure). He got cramp at the end of the game, with all the running about, but I remember saying at the time he had a great game.

So hope you enjoy the summer, and look forward to watching Newtongrange next season - if you get another signing on fee!!

I will continue to support my team. But, I bet you that even though Nitten are 'relegated', the chances of us meeting in the league next season, in my view, are slim to no chance!!

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Toffee fan said:

Going to try and finish on a good point with you, since the end of season is approaching very fast - hopefully for the Burgh, it will end on Saturday as opposed to tonight.

I thought my last two posts to you have been masterpieces - you have said in both of them, in effect, you agree with things I write, but not on these two occasions!

So that's ok, as it is all about opinion and who indeed knows who is right or wrong between us?

You mentioned the Linlithgow cup tie last season, where we lost on penalties - that was one of my favourite games of the season, as we just about caused an upset with such a makeshift team - and if I a remember right, there were no subs on the bench.  Michael Moffatt also played as a trialist (maybe he signed on the day of the match? - not sure). He got cramp at the end of the game, with all the running about, but I remember saying at the time he had a great game.

So hope you enjoy the summer, and look forward to watching Newtongrange next season - if you get another signing on fee!!

I will continue to support my team. But, I bet you that even though Nitten are 'relegated', the chances of us meeting in the league next season, in my view, are slim to no chance!!

It was also my favourite game of that season. Obviously we don't like losing but that was as close to a win in terms of the situation as your ever gonna get. I thought the guys on Saturday put in a similar performance - hense my drawing a comparison.

As you say though it's only my thoughts and your thoughts but I genuinely thought both sides gave everything. 

Yup looking forward to what should be a smashing season next season and I am glad they want me. Otherwise I would be spending all my time on here.

The best of luck tonight on the 2nd anniversary of the Scottish Junior Cup final match. That's what football is all about.

It was also my favourite game of that season. Obviously we don't like losing but that was as close to a win in terms of the situation as your ever gonna get. I thought the guys on Saturday put in a similar performance - hense my drawing a comparison.
As you say though it's only my thoughts and your thoughts but I genuinely thought both sides gave everything. 
Yup looking forward to what should be a smashing season next season and I am glad they want me. Otherwise I would be spending all my time on here.
The best of luck tonight on the 2nd anniversary of the Scottish Junior Cup final match. That's what football is all about.

Thoughts are dangerous I am glad someone wants u and i am struggling to understand with what u know about football

On Saturday, June 10, 2017 at 01:22, Your time is up said:

Thoughts are dangerous I am glad someone wants u and i am struggling to understand with what u know about football

I know nothing, your posts this season have tought me everything I know. 

For the record though, It is better to know nothing about football - than to pretend to know everything. 

Enjoy your summer break, have a Super 1. See you next season x

On 07/06/2017 at 13:46, Toffee fan said:

So I was right. Nitten remain in the Super League for 2017-18.

4 hours ago, Toffee fan said:

So I was right. Nitten remain in the Super League for 2017-18.

I don't argue you were right that Nitten remain in the Super league.

I think the point I made about nobody knowing or playing less competitive has also been proved right as the date on the notice was 13/6/17

A huge travel bill awaits for the new season now and also adds another 700 quid on the teams from the Lothians in the premier league with a trip (albeit a nice place) to St Andrews.

Then there is the visiting support which will be alot lower in the Super league than in the Premier.

Doesn't really matter either way but shows the importance of gathering points in every league game. 16 points from last 8 with a huge win at Linlithgow. 

It Will continue the excellent positive feeling around the place over the summer which is great.

At the end of the day though there is very little difference between the leagues. Would say any team from the premier could beat anyone from the Super league. But with no promotion from the Super league up, the only difference between the Super and premier is the name.

5 hours ago, The Faceman said:

I don't argue you were right that Nitten remain in the Super league.

I think the point I made about nobody knowing or playing less competitive has also been proved right as the date on the notice was 13/6/17

A huge travel bill awaits for the new season now and also adds another 700 quid on the teams from the Lothians in the premier league with a trip (albeit a nice place) to St Andrews.

Then there is the visiting support which will be alot lower in the Super league than in the Premier.

Doesn't really matter either way but shows the importance of gathering points in every league game. 16 points from last 8 with a huge win at Linlithgow. 

It Will continue the excellent positive feeling around the place over the summer which is great.

At the end of the day though there is very little difference between the leagues. Would say any team from the premier could beat anyone from the Super league. But with no promotion from the Super league up, the only difference between the Super and premier is the name.

Not sure I agree with you about there being very little difference between the leagues. Maybe closer between the teams who finished towards the bottom of the Super league and those at the top of the Premier. But I think if you took the top 8 from the Super League and the top 8 from the Premier league, from last season, and they played over the course of the season, that most of the top positions would have been filled by the original teams from the Super League. We will never know, however, as that scenario will never happen. 

Good point about being in the Premier League next year. Lots of 'local games' when you include the East Lothian and Midlothian teams, with Bathgate not much further to travel.

However, still would rather be in the Super League, playing against 'better teams'. That was the aim when Musselburgh got promoted 8 seasons ago, and I don't see what has changed now we have just been relegated.

Bad point about being in the Premier League, is only having one official now at most games. Much better, particularly with offside decisions if there are linesmen present, More often than not, if the referee blows for offside when no linesmen are present, it is luck if he gets it right. Referees can't always be up with play when he officiated on his own.

14 hours ago, Toffee fan said:

Not sure I agree with you about there being very little difference between the leagues. Maybe closer between the teams who finished towards the bottom of the Super league and those at the top of the Premier. But I think if you took the top 8 from the Super League and the top 8 from the Premier league, from last season, and they played over the course of the season, that most of the top positions would have been filled by the original teams from the Super League. We will never know, however, as that scenario will never happen. 

Good point about being in the Premier League next year. Lots of 'local games' when you include the East Lothian and Midlothian teams, with Bathgate not much further to travel.

However, still would rather be in the Super League, playing against 'better teams'. That was the aim when Musselburgh got promoted 8 seasons ago, and I don't see what has changed now we have just been relegated.

Bad point about being in the Premier League, is only having one official now at most games. Much better, particularly with offside decisions if there are linesmen present, More often than not, if the referee blows for offside when no linesmen are present, it is luck if he gets it right. Referees can't always be up with play when he officiated on his own.

Excellent point about officals.

You can have 1 referee who gets every offside - throw in - foul correct but nobody believes him and assumes he is wrong.

Or you can have 1 ref and 2 assistants get every offside throw in foul wrong but because they are closer everyone assumes the officials are correct (or alot less debate)

Thankless job.

Maybe with local games more pitches will be given time in the winter and more games will be on. Another down side of the Super league next season with the opposite being the case.

Again I agree with you on your post. I hope you get a  swift return to the Super league but although some are spitting the dummy out (nobody that benny kens) I think it's not the end of the world which ever league either team is in

Enjoy your Summer.

21 hours ago, The Faceman said:

Certainly wont cost Blackburn anywhere near £700 for a bus to St.Andrews.

5 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

That figure was also quoted by a Tranent supporter at our recent semi final. Seems a bit pricey, but maybe that is the cost being quoted to teams at the moment?

5 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

47 minutes ago, Toffee fan said:

That figure was also quoted by a Tranent supporter at our recent semi final. Seems a bit pricey, but maybe that is the cost being quoted to teams at the moment?

Depends on agreements clubs have with coach companies, the notice, size and when the fixtures occur. Edinburgh festival for example is a beast to get buses for Lothian clubs. 

Would range it 500-700 either way it's more than nothing

2 hours ago, The Faceman said:

Depends on agreements clubs have with coach companies, the notice, size and when the fixtures occur. Edinburgh festival for example is a beast to get buses for Lothian clubs. 

Are they hiring a helicopter to the games? Nothing like £700 or even £500. Nearer the £300 mark otherwise you are not doing your homework.

I know nothing, your posts this season have tought me everything I know. 
For the record though, It is better to know nothing about football - than to pretend to know everything. 
Enjoy your summer break, have a Super 1. See you next season x

U really are a a educated man eh.

On 6/15/2017 at 20:24, The Faceman said:

Is there any club you havent supported ya fuckwit

Archived