Newtongrange star

b on the star

Cheers. Strange playing a playoff when the league games are not complete. I know the games left don't effect relegation but would that ever happen at any other level of football.....

No point leaving the teams idle if it's not required though. It seems to me the sensible decision, let the teams get finished as early as possible, give the players a rest and let the management teams get on with preparing for next season. I'm sure budgets, targets etc will change for both sides depending on which league they end up in.

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Legend5 said:

Cheers. Strange playing a playoff when the league games are not complete. I know the games left don't effect relegation but would that ever happen at any other level of football.....

Think it happened in the amazing gold plated Lowland league. Last season and this season

48 minutes ago, Shaggy O'Hara said:

Shower of gutless b*****ds. An embarrassment to the Jersey and should hang their heads in shame

Ha ha; way to support your team! Yet it's just half time.

Suppose if Nitten win over the 2 legs, you will feel vindicated as it'll be cause of your remark that they rolled their sleeves up to prove you wrong.

19 hours ago, Your time is up said:

Is it true abbott& costello have stepped down from duties if so all true comedy acts do come to an end look at hale & pace two ronnies morcome & wise hinge & brackett laural &Hardy I am sure you all get my drift .

Good to have you back. In terms of your contribution to the club verses your posts on here I think it's fair to say you provide enough hot air to power a ballon. Now it looks like you have a pal on here that will cheer you up.

2 hours ago, Shaggy O'Hara said:

Shower of gutless b*****ds. An embarrassment to the Jersey and should hang their heads in shame

1 loss in 9. To a side who have a great home record.

Missed your comment after the Lithgow win, missed it after the Lochee win, missed it after the carnoustie win and also missed it after the 16 points from 8 games

Players and everyone else have given everything no matter what happens next week.

If they aren't good enough you hold your hands up and work harder next season to improve. If Newtongrange win fair enough if they don't we congratulate the other team.

Despite the scenes at the end the game ain't over. 

Nitten were poor today, no heart, no desire, no guts. Everything we had shown in their last 8 matches was missing today. Unfortunately I don't think we are good enough to turn this round, I pray I'm wrong but I can't see it. 

Missed today's game how was it? Deserved scoreline? We newtongrange missing anyone today as I was suprised at the result. Can't wait to go to next weeks game I for one will be putting newtongrange on the coupon come on nitten you can turn this around.

14 minutes ago, juniorexpert1 said:

Missed today's game how was it? Deserved scoreline? We newtongrange missing anyone today as I was suprised at the result. Can't wait to go to next weeks game I for one will be putting newtongrange on the coupon come on nitten you can turn this around.

Aye 11 players haha.  Na only Jack Wilson was missing. Poor display from Nitten, great start but never right going at all 

Fwe played better in the first half and did deserve to go in 2 goals in front, Newtongrange could not handle the long ball and their big centre forward. 2nd have most of the play was in The Fwe half but Newtongrange never looked like scoring apart from one header from 6 yards that should had hit the target. Not sure if the tie is over yet,I think whoever scores first in the next game will go through. 

40 minutes ago, Shaggy O'Hara said:

Aye 11 players haha.  Na only Jack Wilson was missing. Poor display from Nitten, great start but never right going at all 

Haha Strange thkugh as I felt newtongrange were a miles better team than FWE should have enough next week though eh???

31 minutes ago, honestjon said:

Fwe played better in the first half and did deserve to go in 2 goals in front, Newtongrange could not handle the long ball and their big centre forward. 2nd have most of the play was in The Fwe half but Newtongrange never looked like scoring apart from one header from 6 yards that should had hit the target. Not sure if the tie is over yet,I think whoever scores first in the next game will go through. 

He is a big dumpling watched him a few times does absolutely nothing, your defence must be honking if you can't handle him.

1 minute ago, juniorexpert1 said:

Haha Strange thkugh as I felt newtongrange were a miles better team than FWE should have enough next week though eh???

He is a big dumpling watched him a few times does absolutely nothing, your defence must be honking if you can't handle him.

Big strong hard working guy for the first 30 minutes, looked unfit after that, took a bit of stick from ur players and ur fans then headed the third goal. Newtongrange had more of the play but never really dominated the game, as I have already said, tie is not over, next team that scores will probably go on and win it. 

43 minutes ago, honestjon said:

Big strong hard working guy for the first 30 minutes, looked unfit after that, took a bit of stick from ur players and ur fans then headed the third goal. Newtongrange had more of the play but never really dominated the game, as I have already said, tie is not over, next team that scores will probably go on and win it. 

Well your fans were right to give him stick! Along with the teams mouthpiece centre mid (think he's the manager) how they are playing at this level I will never know.

Any changes for nitten next week or same starting 11 you think?

hopefully get nice weather looking forward to this really fancying nitten.

Archived