Mark Warburton

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You're referring to the EBT's yes?

They were legal and declared at the time.

The reality is though that Rangers abused the system and knew it even then. That's why they couldn't disclose the full details of players' remuneration when registering them.

Their players were deliberately, improperly registered over many years, in order to conceal how the system was being operated.

Registration issues are traditionally treated very seriously by football's authorities, with even genuine minor errors sometimes attracting severe footballing penalties like the overturning of cup ties.

Rangers received a huge fine for their offences. In my view, that was inadequate, but it very clearly recognises the infringement.

Tell us more about this fascinating 'declared at the time' alternative reality that you are embracing...

they were declared in the accounts every year they were in use, so he is 100% correct and you are 100% wrong

they were declared in the accounts every year they were in use, so he is 100% correct and you are 100% wrong

And your Club is...

100% FUCKING DEAD

Ha ha ha ha ha

But we'll guard o.. Lol

Rangers received a huge fine for their offences. In my view, that was inadequate, but it very clearly recognises the infringement.

For sure our use of EBTs was not a surprise and was well documented in our company reports.

Indeed, we had an issue with registration.  Brother Nimmo-Smith covered this adequately and professionally and we paid our dues.  That you and other diddies continue to carp about it is to your shame.

The details of players' payments were submitted falsely when players were registered to compete.

That was a massive and deliberate breach of the rules.

The details of players' payments were submitted falsely when players were registered to compete. That was a massive and deliberate breach of the rules.

Indeed and we paid the price for it, quite rightly.  Why are you trying to open old wounds?  This was adequately dealt with.

Indeed and we paid the price for it, quite rightly. Why are you trying to open old wounds? This was adequately dealt with.

Because others were laying into the allegation that Rangers cheated.

I think that the word itself is loaded and open to challenge. I also believe however that what happened was effectively cheating and that the offence has therefore been dealt with thoroughly inadequately.

The club paid inasmuch as there was liquidation but that would have happened regardless of player registration issues. I also think I'm right in saying that even the fine has not yet been settled. Retaining the titles won during the relevant spell is of course, simply not right.

I'm certainly not going to leave alone the idea that Solitaire and Nacho were implying, that nothing wrong was done on Rangers' part.

I'm certainly not going to leave alone the suggestion that Solitaire and Nacho were making, that nothing wrong was done on Rangers' part.

Context, chappy.  The average diddy wants to make us responsible for plague, famine, pestilence and sword  when, in truth, it was a minor oversight and barely registered on the radar of UK PLC.

That you diddies have gone in to full 'flounce mode' ever since is to your eternal shame.  Sure, our calumnies are there for all to see.  But the reaction from your lot?  Absolutely out of all proportion.

I can only think that there's the square root of FA happening in Scottish football that blokes like you keep posting about us incessantly.

Context, chappy.  The average diddy wants to make us responsible for plague, famine, pestilence and sword  when, in truth, it was a minor oversight and barely registered on the radar of UK PLC.

That you diddies have gone in to full 'flounce mode' ever since is to your eternal shame.  Sure, our calumnies are there for all to see.  But the reaction from your lot?  Absolutely out of all proportion.

I can only think that there's the square root of FA happening in Scottish football that blokes like you keep posting about us incessantly.

Context is indeed everything and this is the ideal one for discussing the nature of what Rangers did and the appropriateness or otherwise of sanctions they received.

Of course the topic isn't new, but when people suggest that Rangers' EBT related behaviour was acceptable in football terms (or amounted to an "oversight"), they need to be reminded that it wasn't.

That's what I was responding to and I did so without a trace of flounce.

Your deed club cheated everyone one else out of a fair competition for well over ten years and still went fking bust, how hilarious is that ?

So hilarious that a previously 'mostly neutral' forum, which always did favour Rangers, has now become Rangers-daft.  I no longer have too read FF or RM.  P&B is the place to get Rangers' news first.

You're one of the many who has created this.

So hilarious that a previously 'mostly neutral' forum, which always did favour Rangers, has now become Rangers-daft. I no longer have too read FF or RM. P&B is the place to get Rangers' news first.

You're one of the many who has created this.

I am sure Carly Simon wrote a song for you.

Declared?

yep

Between 2001 and 2010, Rangers paid a total of £47.65m in to their Employee Benefit Trust. Details of the amounts paid in to the trust were declared in the club's annual accounts.

Archived