Medda's American football tie-up

TheMeddaPie

If it doesn't cause damage to the field then why does it make a difference whether it's at Troon or Johnstone Burgh.

Because even in American Football (or Rugby, Gaelic Football, etc) you still need some sort of a decent pitch if you want to enjoy a decent game, not worry about injuries caused by the surface, etc. 

Johnstone Burgh's pitch is on sticky, thick clay soil that would reduce most groundsmen to tears, and long before a season's end it is only fit for war reenactors wanting to redo the Somme.

How much is entry to the games? Should be good for the town of Irvine to have this and may take in a game or two.

Shannon, we have not looked at pricing yet but it will not cost an arm and a leg to watch the games, we will be doing a lot of events in the local papers to give away tickets for the opening game, plus we do a season ticket that usually 4 games for the price of 5.

Everything regarding tickets and ticket giveaways will be posted on our site ASAP.

http://www.wctrojans.com

Have got to reply regarding trogans and our Park they gave us little notice that they had changed their mind and stated that because we could not guarantee them good weather.they wanted a weeks notice of the park being unplayable which was impossible to give plus they also stated that we would not be able to do the catering required. At keanie Park we have had 4 games cancelled over a very wet winter. Which compares well with any other grass Park in the region. The committee have over the last 3 years have invested in new drainage as far as I know they then played their games at Glasgow university campus.

I've had a look at the Trojans fixtures, they only play 5 regular season home games between 1st May and 17th July, it's hardly going to hamper any remedial work on the pitch.

You sure about that?

A decent day then a steady rain on top of a week of rain. These teams are around forty a side . They change complete teams of attack and defence regularly. I've heard Meadow have one of the finest playing surfaces in Scotland. How it will cope with five matches with these monsters on and off the field so regularly, then Meadow may well think of growing spuds with the mess that will be left.

Quote from an American at his testimonial, "I only wish I had been able to touch the ball a bit more, only got to fielding it about six times in my fifteen year career" Just one guy gets to kick it, so why football?

You sure about that?

A decent day then a steady rain on top of a week of rain. These teams are around forty a side . They change complete teams of attack and defence regularly. I've heard Meadow have one of the finest playing surfaces in Scotland. How it will cope with five matches with these monsters on and off the field so regularly, then Meadow may well think of growing spuds with the mess that will be left.

Quote from an American at his testimonial, "I only wish I had been able to touch the ball a bit more, only got to fielding it about six times in my fifteen year career" Just one guy gets to kick it, so why football?

There's only 22 on the park at any one time though, with the vast majority of the play between the sets of hash marks in the middle of the park. As to why it's called football, I think it's down to the fact that a lot of the ball games - like rugby football to give it its Sunday name - have a common origin but the codes have diverged from each other to the point that a lot of them don't involve all that much kicking anymore.

You sure about that?

A sentiment also expressed by the redoubtable Frank Haffey.   :(

Shannon, we have not looked at pricing yet but it will not cost an arm and a leg to watch the games, we will be doing a lot of events in the local papers to give away tickets for the opening game, plus we do a season ticket that usually 4 games for the price of 5.

Everything regarding tickets and ticket giveaways will be posted on our site ASAP.

http://www.wctrojans.com

4 games for the price of 5??????  Now that is what I call a steal :1eye

Have got to reply regarding trogans and our Park they gave us little notice that they had changed their mind and stated that because we could not guarantee them good weather.they wanted a weeks notice of the park being unplayable which was impossible to give plus they also stated that we would not be able to do the catering required. At keanie Park we have had 4 games cancelled over a very wet winter. Which compares well with any other grass Park in the region. The committee have over the last 3 years have invested in new drainage as far as I know they then played their games at Glasgow university campus.

Hi Ricky, We are not knocking JB but you put a game on Thur evening when we were due to line a pitch, Fri it poured down so we could not line it then so we looked for an alternative venue to safeguard our season.

4 games for the price of 5??????  Now that is what I call a steal :1eye

Its about getting bums on seats to watch the game, our pricing has been as low as £2 per game and kids go free, 4 for 5 may not be much but its an incentive.

Its about getting bums on seats to watch the game, our pricing has been as low as £2 per game and kids go free, 4 for 5 may not be much but its an incentive.

I think you mean 5 for 4 ^_^

Archived