Queen of the South v Dumbarton (0)

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm shocked. You miss the Hibs and Falkirk home games, but return for an away day in Dumfries. Where, handily for you, we get pumped.

Just bad luck, eh?

I watched the Falkirk game on tv, i wasn't at hibs and yes i was at dumfries, ? You need a tinfoil hat

with your conspiracy theories. 

I watched the Falkirk game on tv, i wasn't at hibs and yes i was at dumfries, ? You need a tinfoil hat

with your conspiracy theories. 

Got one thanks

I don't know why you bother with football to be honest. Any time you make the effort to go to a game we get beaten. When was the last win you saw?

Aye we were. It would be a decent shout if he was actually a competent football player. Unfortunately that's where the plan falls down.

I've watched the highlights back and, to be fair to him, he wasn't as horrific as Saunders, Barr or Wright. But he did his usual thing of not having a position. I clocked him at CDM, CM, upfront and right-wing. I think it's his lack of positional discipline that's his main issue - although that may well also be Aitken's fault for not giving him decent instructions.

In all honesty we could've stuck Mark Brown on at half-time, or me, or a seat from the stand and it wouldn't have made any difference. The team had long since chucked it.

I've just finished watching the highlights for a third time in detail for the blog and I can safely say that the defending we exhibited was worse than anything I've seen at boys club level. Whenever I see the Mantis turning round, surprised that an opposition player is behind him I'm going to have flashbacks to this game.

By the way, what was the point in signing Kler Heh? Stevie's signing policy is leaving a lot to be desired - Craig, Ross, Smith, #666, Osei-Obengo etc.

Fair enough but his options from the bench are limited and Gallagher has been out for a while, which may explain some of his poor play.  I don't know why I'm looking to protect Gall so much mind you but there we go.

Kler Heh is, clear as day, a gamble on a recommendation but when he actually arrived we realised he was nowhere near the standard.  As such he'll sit on the bench and make a few cameo appearances before going back to Sheffield United probably never to make it.  I hope I'm wrong, as it's a lovely story and by all accounts seems a nice wee guy but it's another one to add to the ever-growing "failed signings" list you allude to.  His signings in the summer forced this situation, I expect a more reasoned and researched approach this summer. 

In fairness there was no squad when he arrived. If he's in charge next season i expect he'll do better.

That might be true, but it gave a free reign to build the team he wanted.  We built an unbalanced, uncreative team.  I do agree though that he should do a better building job next year.

Fair enough but his options from the bench are limited and Gallagher has been out for a while, which may explain some of his poor play.  I don't know why I'm looking to protect Gall so much mind you but there we go.

Kler Heh is, clear as day, a gamble on a recommendation but when he actually arrived we realised he was nowhere near the standard.  As such he'll sit on the bench and make a few cameo appearances before going back to Sheffield United probably never to make it.  I hope I'm wrong, as it's a lovely story and by all accounts seems a nice wee guy but it's another one to add to the ever-growing "failed signings" list you allude to.  His signings in the summer forced this situation, I expect a more reasoned and researched approach this summer. 

I've seen you queuing after matches to get your picture with him, don't you worry your secret's safe with me  ;)

The whole player recruitment thing has worried me to be honest. At first it was understandable, looking to build a squad from scratch so bringing in a few lads who've had decent seasons at lower levels and won't cost much, but now I'm beginning to wonder how much this has cost us. Looking through his signings - with the aid of coloured font - I decided I'd decide how many have been a success...

Mark Brown - Maybe I'm being harsh, but is he an upgrade on Ewings? I don't think so, doubt he's on a low wage either

Darren Barr - Has some poor games, but more often than not has looked good. Especially in recent weeks in midfield

Frazer Wright - Excellent signing for the most part, although he's been awful recently

Steven Saunders - Controversial one, has he actually been any good? Taggart started the season in excellent form, and I'm not convinced Saunders is a better right-back. Perhaps give him a chance at centre-back, but he's done little to impress me at RB

Mark Docherty - Perhaps not the most gifted player, but he's a hardworker, seems to care, seems like a good lad and has scored and assisted some important goals

Gregor Buchanan - Jury still out? Looked a cracking player at the start of the year, but is prone to mistakes. I'll still give him a green as he's been solid enough

Calum Waters - Defensively poor, decent going forward. Probably not a bad option to have in the squad, although should be used as a left-winger

Jon Routledge - Good one. Nae doubts about that. Aye he's ill-disciplined, but I'm still amazed a bigger team didn't come in for him. Unsurprising if he is off in the summer

Willie Gibson - What a player he could be. Once every 3 months or so. Won us the Hibs game, rescued a point against Raith when all else was lost. Got a few assists but was infuriatingly inconsistent. The fact he left after 6 months means he's a red

Scott Brown - Who? Oh aye him. He was tidy enough without doing much

Grant Gallagher - Think we all know my opinion here. Yaya Toure early on in the season. As soon as August finished he turned up about once - in the home win against QOS where he was excellent. Huge disappointment as he seemed to be very highly rated in League One

Jamie Lindsay - Great success. Now stop playing him on the wing to accommodate Kirkpatrick

Darren Miller - Yup

Tom Walsh - He seems to only be able to hit overhit crosses into an empty box

Kler Heh - Who knows? Looked too lightweight against Dundee, but to be fair they are a good team. Presumably not considered good enough

Paul Heffernan - Too soon to judge

Kevin Cawley - Hasn't been great, but has still been involved in the same number of goals as Garry Fleming this season, so credit for that. Always looking for the ball - and always giving it away - I'll give him a pass for his good stats

Steven Craig - A stunning 20 minutes at Easter Road. Won the free-kick which we scored the opener from against Hibernian on the opening day. that was pretty much it

Gordon Smith - Not up to this level at all

Christian Nade:wub:

Eamonn Brophy - Decent, if not the most clinical. Disappointed we couldn't keep him for longer, but pleased he's doing well for Accies

Stevie Ross - Doubts remain over his existence

Just realised this is the match thread. Oh well, we gave you six goals so you're going to have to deal with my stupidly long posts  :lol:

Archived