Motherwell v Aberdeen

Could have added that we beat you on your own patch last time, gave you a goal of a start and should have absolutely thumped you on chances created.

All in front of the best fans in the world who had gone to the match dressed up as plastic chairs.

Was working that day due to my shifts so missed that game but I was told that it wasn't pretty & Motherwell deserved their win.

However, one win doesn't make you a better team. You just look at the league table, and the cream always rises to the top :wink:

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As I understand it the compliance officer only gets involved when the referee missed it.

The referee obviously didn't miss it according to eye witness reports, he just didn't think it was a foul, so no need for the compliance officer's input.

If I'm wrong, I'll no doubt be telt!

You're right in what you say but with an incident like that it's possible the referee didn't quite catch the elbow and that's why the use of video footage could be used.

Mind you, would be good to know how it works. Does the compliance officer ask the ref to review it and see if he had actually seen what he thought he seen, or does he think he missed it. If the ref looked at that on the replay and didn't think that it was a red card then he is an awful ref.

That said, it worked in our favour so who cares :lol:

You're right in what you say but with an incident like that it's possible the referee didn't quite catch the elbow and that's why the use of video footage could be used.

Mind you, would be good to know how it works. Does the compliance officer ask the ref to review it and see if he had actually seen what he thought he seen, or does he think he missed it. If the ref looked at that on the replay and didn't think that it was a red card then he is an awful ref.

That said, it worked in our favour so who cares :lol:

Idiot found.

Had to laugh at Reynolds for the winner. This is the boy that a section of our support couldn't for the life of them fathom why he wasn't a regular pick for Scotland and going toe to toe with the likes of Torres and Villa at the time. It was pretty clear then that he had one asset - pace - and not much else and yesterday was a classic Mark Reynolds howler. And he appear to have lost a few yards.

Had to laugh at Reynolds for the winner. This is the boy that a section of our support couldn't for the life of them fathom why he wasn't a regular pick for Scotland and going toe to toe with the likes of Torres and Villa at the time. It was pretty clear then that he had one asset - pace - and not much else and yesterday was a classic Mark Reynolds howler. And he appear to have lost a few yards.

Good player, as long as he doesn't have to deal with any physicality whatsoever. Moult isn't in the higdon, daly or samaras mould, but he still got an absolute touching from him.

Team comes back from 1 down to win a game he told us we had no chance of winning.

Still finds a way to have a pop at a 'section' of his clubs support.

Team comes back from 1 down to win a game he told us we had no chance of winning.

Pretty sure he's been great for Dons up until recently. Back doon to earth with his usual negativity after typing out songs last night. Must have had a shock to the system :lol:

Ahh another post dedicated to me by mjw, who follows me - cyberly - about on here like a love sick puppy.

It was actually Reynolds I was having a pop at, but carry on.

I liked Reynolds, he was a decent player as well as 'one of our own' having come through the youth ranks at Fir Park so that always endears you to players. He was always prone to shocking lapses in concentration and his decision making at times was dreadful, and hasn't improved if yesterday is anything to go by so he was incredibly frustrating to watch because when he was on his game he was very comfortable.

Ahh another post dedicated to me by mjw, who follows me - cyberly - about on here like a love sick puppy.

It was actually Reynolds I was having a pop at, but carry on.

Another one struggling to get his head round the open forum concept.

Maybe Dhavey could explain it to you.

Two horrific goals to lose but furious with Robson. At 2-1 with him the park I had hope we could still get something, especially with his set piece delivery. For a player of such experience he makes rash decisions too often and yesterday was the easiest red card decision the ref will ever make. Quite why some in our support were criticising the ref and applauding Robson is a mystery.

I see Barry is on BT today, was there any comment from him pre match about his red card?

Archived