Motherwell v Aberdeen

Another tricky game.

Motherwell are in a bit of form and McGoo would love to put one over us.

Can't see Celtic dropping points at Killie so another win is essential here to keep it interesting.

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A lot will depend on who is or is not fit for us. We've got at least 4 players doubtful for the game or definitely out.  Unfortunately 2 are right backs and the other two are central midfielders.  So, fringe players may need to step up to the plate.   

Any chance of retrospective punishment for Scott Mcdonald for the weekends incident?  That would be handy.

Bought my ticket for this this morning.  Difficult fixture again but we're capable of going there and winning.

Another tricky game.

Motherwell are in a bit of form and McGoo would love to put one over us.

Can't see Celtic dropping points at Killie so another win is essential here to keep it interesting.

Kilmarnock have been a bit of a bogey team for Celtic this season

If it's any consolation I strongly fancy us to beat Celtic in a couple of weeks at Fir Park, if we can get some players back from injury. 

Think we will be missing a few on Saturday though, maybe 3 or 4 first teamers.

Even if McDonald was cited retrospectively chances are we'd appeal it so it's likely he'd be available. He had a red card for violent conduct downgraded to a yellow for 'recklessly dangerous play' against St Mirren at the tail end of last season and the incident was very similar to the one on Friday night. There's also the fact that with the Donaldson incident the ref had a clear and completely unobstructed view. Rightly or wrongly he just didn't there was anything in it.

I don't know if any Ross County fans will read this but was Brian Graham cited retrospectively for his clotheslining of Talbot in the game against Dunfermline? It's a bit whataboutery on my part but if that one wasn't pulled up after the fact then I'd be surprised if McDonald's was, though without wanting to veer into OF-style paranoia there seems to have been a very media driven narrative that McDonald should/will be pulled up.

As Crilly says it really depends on who's available and who isn't. Pearson's definitely out but Lasley was on Twitter last night saying his seemed to be a dead leg and he hoped it'd clear up soon, whether he's ready for Saturday is a different story.

Worst case scenario that sees none of the players with knocks available and assuming McGhee keeps the same shape as the past few weeks we could be looking at a team along these lines;

Ripley
Kennedy Hall McManus Hammell
Cadden Gomis J.Leitch(or McDonald)
Johnson Moult McDonald (or Thomas/McFadden)

I like our 3 upfront formation but Dundee United got joy in the wide areas in the first half and with the likes of Hayes, Shinnie and McGinn we may see a formation change. It could well be a forced formation change due to injury/suspension anyway.

Both teams seem to be good at scoring from set pieces as well so I do think there will be goals. Personally I'd stick with the 3 upfront and I think we can sneak a draw. 2-2

We seem to have found a knack of grinding out results, long may it continue. 

Bringing Barry Robson back into the fold has proved a masterstroke so far, he has been incredibly influential and his experience is vital if we are to push Celtic to the end. Think he also has 3 assists in 3 games? 

Reckon the team will be 

Brown

Logan Reynolds Taylor Shinnie

Jack      Robson

McLean

McGinn                   Hayes

Church

I don't fancy our chances atall in this one. With Pearson and McDonald out and the possibility of Lasley missing out aswell we are going to be going in with a pretty makeshift side and I reckon Aberdeen will have too much for us and will edge it 2-1.

Archived