English Premiership Football Is F*cked Part 34918

Afterall, Abramovich only got into football after attending the man utd 4-3 real madrid game in the european cup a few years ago.  a type of game chelsea will never be involved in

645323[/snapback]

Um, forgive me if I'm mistaken, but weren't the mighty Blues involved in a certain 4-2 thriller against Barcelona last Champions League? :rolleyes:

Yes prices have gone bloody stupid south of the Border.

In 1980 my first game at The Dell, Saints v Man City, I stood in the Archers Road. It was Kevin Keegans first game for Southampton, it cost me 75p. Its now about £30 to get into St Marys.

400% increase in 25 years :blink:. I just wish my wages had gone up by that much.

Southampton are not even a side whose prices have risen greatly in comparision to everyone else.

PS Southampton won 2-0 that day, Mick Channon and Nick Holmes scored the goals.

Despite Newcastle keeping on saying prices arnt increasing, they are. I payed £38 to watch the Liverpool game last year. 3 rows from the back of the big stand. Suppose the view was fairly decent but still!!! Also payed £36 to watch a 4-1 defeat at home to Fulham. That was in the East Stand which is over from the camera position. Outside London I think Newcastle are the most expencive. The away end at Man Utd was a "reasonable" £28, compared to the £50 away end tickets at Chelsea :angry:

• 2 weeks later...

Whilst the Premiership crowds are decreasing, its good to see Football League and Non League crowds increasing year on year.

I know of at least 2 supporters 1 Portsmouth, 1 Southampton who've given up their season tickets this season due to cost and are enjoying watching non league football at Fareham Town.

Whilst the Premiership crowds are decreasing, its good to see Football League and Non League crowds increasing year on year.

I know of at least 2 supporters 1 Portsmouth, 1 Southampton who've given up their season tickets this season due to cost and are enjoying watching non league football at Fareham Town.

664056[/snapback]

Good on them, I've been to Fareham's ground a couple of times.

The non-league game is indeed booming in Endgland, and it's not all down to the influence of AFC Wimbledon and their fans. ;)

Archived