Tasker / NFC tags

#Gary

Hello

I'm currently trying to get my head around tasker and the use of these NFC tags and find the best ways of utilising both of these together.

I am interested to know (and possibly steal) what sort of things other people are doing with these apps outside of the basic WiFi on at home, Silent mode during working hours etc

Discuss.

Hello

I'm currently trying to get my head around tasker and the use of these NFC tags and find the best ways of utilising both of these together.

I am interested to know (and possibly steal) what sort of things other people are doing with these apps outside of the basic WiFi on at home, Silent mode during working hours etc

Discuss.

Not a lot, to be honest. Thats why I tried it and gave up

ETA - not sure the point of NFC tags with it, though. Tasker can use your phone location to do the same kind of things

The reason I went for the NFC tags was so that I could turn Bluetooth on when I'm in the car without faffing about (tag stuck to my key, tap the key against the phone in my pocket before putting it in the ignition) and I couldn't think of any possible way of doing that with Tasker alone. Happy to be corrected. ETA obviously for Bluetooth to be off at all other times as well before someone points out the obvious! :P

Can't use location for being in my car, and surely location is using more battery? I'm mainly looking for battery saving functions.

The reason I went for the NFC tags was so that I could turn Bluetooth on when I'm in the car without faffing about (tag stuck to my key, tap the key against the phone in my pocket before putting it in the ignition) and I couldn't think of any possible way of doing that with Tasker alone. Happy to be corrected. ETA obviously for Bluetooth to be off at all other times as well before someone points out the obvious! :P

Can't use location for being in my car, and surely location is using more battery? I'm mainly looking for battery saving functions.

No, obviously, Taskers location isnt going to work in the car  :lol:

What about voice control or some kind of toggle on the lockscreen?

Can Tasker turn on bluetooth if a certain device is within range?

Archived