Match Highlights: Talbot vs Irvine Meadow

Killiepiyo

Harsh maybe ,however from the 1st minute he was in the refs face disputing every decision he also had made a few silly fouls prior to that so i assume the ref just had enough of his nonsence and to be honest Medda played better without him

Never a red card offence, a yellow at most & even then it could be deemed harsh. Berto making a determined effort to win the ball back, that is all.

Slack defending for 1st two Talbot goals. Hyslop getting in front of the defender too easily & finishing with a good header, then Latta finding himself in acres of space in front of goal to finish a cracking dinked pass from Young. Can't do too much about the 3rd, superb hit from Shankland.

Excellent highlights & nice touch from Killiepiyo to advertise upcoming Meadow fundraising events.

It was a sending off offence. He deliberately lashed out, why would it be anything else? Speaking to a Medda fan in the second half he called it an act of madness.

My understanding of lashing out is obviously different to yours, I see it as a genuine attempt to win the ball back from under an opposing player. However the ref called it as violent conduct & it's only his opinion that matters on the day.

That's one of the worst red cards I've ever seen, the lad isn't even hurt, if that is called 'lashing out' then phone the RSPCA because I've hit the cat harder than that and it purred

you don't need to hurt an opponent to foul them as I'm sure you know. He was always risking it going in like that. Totally needlessly given where it happened on the field. A victim of his own frustration and daftness.

On its own the offence would have been deemed a booking. However, as has been said the player in question was involved in a lot of afters. I suggested early on he would be lucky to stay on the park and subsequently I was proved right. To be honest Medda looked good value to take something, but that sending off and the indiscipline that led to it put the tin lid on it for them. In the end it could have been five or six.

Archived