Announcement from Ardrossan Winton Rovers

AWRFC

The club regrets to announce that they have parted company with their management team of Chris Strain, John McColl and George Watt by mutual agreement.  Everyone at the club would like to thank Chris, John and George for all their hard work during their time at the club and wish them well for the future.  There will be an official statement issued tomorrow.

The club is now accepting applications for the post of manager from suitable candidates who should contact Bobby Macnamara on 07969 241895 asap.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully whoever comes in, gets them up the league!! For selfish reasons, Im hoping it's only Maybole that comes down to the ADL

Derek frye return . Heard he left saltcoats last night

I asked on the ADL thread if Frye had walked. Pissed off up the tunnel on Saturday with 20 mins to go and never came back out. If my manager done that, while my team were getting humped, I wouldn't want him back!!

Why would the Winton want Frye back? 6 years to get up from the adl previously then walked out on them chasing cash! Got found out at Rob Roy and on return to Winton Park failed to improve matters. At Saltcoats he took a team from mid table to the bottom two so surely his self enhanced reputation is questionable now? Winton are defo a good club off the park but maybe patience will be required although if the rumours are true it is quite a hefty budget to not be top half!

Why would the Winton want Frye back? 6 years to get up from the adl previously then walked out on them chasing cash! Got found out at Rob Roy and on return to Winton Park failed to improve matters. At Saltcoats he took a team from mid table to the bottom two so surely his self enhanced reputation is questionable now? Winton are defo a good club off the park but maybe patience will be required although if the rumours are true it is quite a hefty budget to not be top half!

Yer rumours are spot on . The 2 lads they signed from us were in decent cash from us & they got a pay rise to drop a league . Strain was an arse when he was Medda manager of that there's no doubt but when his boy played wae us he was actually approachable & would sit & blather about the games with you

I asked on the ADL thread if Frye had walked. Pissed off up the tunnel on Saturday with 20 mins to go and never came back out. If my manager done that, while my team were getting humped, I wouldn't want him back!!

If he did walk out and leave saltcoats high and dry then it's very fishy that when he does this 3 days later winton announce there vacancy. Personally I would love to see derek cook have a crack at his home team after watching him get ardeer promoted with what can only be called a 'shoestring' budget so could only better himself with a few quid at winton park if there are not completely skint that is. Don't know his whereabouts - have heard he's living in London but not sure

The club have announced that Chris Strain, John McColl and George Watt have left by mutual agreement.

I don't know the full story, but all the best guys.

Sadly the club and management team of Chris Strain Senior, John McColl and George Watt parted company by mutual agreement this week.  I had hoped that Chris would spend the rest of his managerial career at the club and help us achieve our ambition of playing in the Premier Division but it was not to be.

I personally and everyone associated with the club would like to thank Chris, John and George for all the effort they have put in to try and make us a success on the pitch which saw us win the Ayrshire District League title and beat Auchinleck Talbot in the West of Scotland Cup last season.  They have also given some good young players such as; Jared Willet, Conor Browning, Jordan Cairnie, Larry McMahon and Graham Boyd their chance.  We wish them all the best for the future and success in whatever they go on to do in future.  I would also like to thank Suzanne Morrison for all the hard work she put in looking after the kit and the bars.

Until a new manager is appointed some of the senior players will be looking after the team.

Thank you

Pat Breen

Chairman.

Not a good time for a change of manager. A couple of bad results recently, but we were putting some decent results together before that.

By the way, I didn't realise this thread was here, sorry. Can a mod delete the one I started #oops

Archived