Announcement from Ardrossan Winton Rovers

AWRFC

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Too early for Michael wardrope to consider management? Personally, I would love to see someone with his passion given a chance. Maybe a twin dream team with Ricky? Lol.

Michael has the knowledge of the game for sure, would rather see a manager with experience, like cooky backed up with some younger guys like Michael, possibly folk like Housty and ricky ryland. Build a management team with experience of all areas of the park buy guys that know the amatuer game well too 

Always found Winton,a strong side,,,got a lot of very good player s,,,so it's strange to see them struggling

Totally agree with u mate. Can surely only come down to management as I know quite a few boys from start of the season have walked because of them

Totally agree with u mate. Can surely only come down to management as I know quite a few boys from start of the season have walked because of them

winton is a first class club,like every team in the adl there goal was to move to a higher level,the prancing peacock and his band of merry men achieved this last year,at quite a considerable cost to the club,not only players have walked but if memory is correct one of there long serving officials walked as well.

As a winton rovers fan I am sad to see Chris, John and George leave the club, I know they have been criticised but I would say to his detractors how many can match their record of sixteen/seventeen trophies in his managerial career, and before some of you start screaming that he can only splash the cash and buy teams, he has been employed to put the best team on the park and mould them into a successful team - he has done that in some fashion, who else in ayrshire can match his record apart from Tommy Sloan, who also had a few bob at his disposal. 

The winton committee should be applauded for being ambitious enough to bring them to winton park in the first place and I know that winton rovers are not skint as they have a very very hard working group of people behind the scenes making sure that the club will remain financially sound and whoever is lucky enough to get the managers job will be delighted to be working for one of the hardest working committees in the league

As a winton rovers fan I am sad to see Chris, John and George leave the club, I know they have been criticised but I would say to his detractors how many can match their record of sixteen/seventeen trophies in his managerial career, and before some of you start screaming that he can only splash the cash and buy teams, he has been employed to put the best team on the park and mould them into a successful team - he has done that in some fashion, who else in ayrshire can match his record apart from Tommy Sloan, who also had a few bob at his disposal.

The winton committee should be applauded for being ambitious enough to bring them to winton park in the first place and I know that winton rovers are not skint as they have a very very hard working group of people behind the scenes making sure that the club will remain financially sound and whoever is lucky enough to get the managers job will be delighted to be working for one of the hardest working committees in the league[/quote

The difference between the money Tucker has had at his disposal is minute compared to the cash Strain splashed at the Me££a.

Who can forget Strain and the me££a discovering who their rivals transfer targets were then rushing in and outbidding them only to buy the player then stick them on the bench.

Have you got any figures so we can compare the relative budgets around that time?

I would suggest the number of people who know any managers budget at any team would be minimal and therefore any figures bandied about would be speculation at best and mischevious at worst.

Players and clubs need to have a major reality check, the cost of putting a club on the park week to week has spiralled out of belief in the last few years, referees/linesmen are I think eighty pounds per game  and a single official is forty. 

Clubs who own their own park have a continuous expense to try to keep the surface up to scratch and to maintain a degree of security for their park, the list goes on and on.

Players on the other hand have expectations of track suits, warm up tops, training kit and to be attended hand and foot while a small handful of ageing committee men and women give up a considerable amount of their time to try to better their club.

I would ask the players at the majority of clubs when they walk into their dressing rooms today and see their boots cleaned, warm up tops, todays strip, hanging up, towels for shower laid out and physios available at first hand to repair their aching muscles from two nights training, which quite a few will not attend, and at the end of the game look for the wages, please ask yourself where does this money come from and do I feel Ihave justified in taking it.

I would suggest the number of people who know any managers budget at any team would be minimal and therefore any figures bandied about would be speculation at best and mischevious at worst.

Players and clubs need to have a major reality check, the cost of putting a club on the park week to week has spiralled out of belief in the last few years, referees/linesmen are I think eighty pounds per game  and a single official is forty. 

Clubs who own their own park have a continuous expense to try to keep the surface up to scratch and to maintain a degree of security for their park, the list goes on and on.

Players on the other hand have expectations of track suits, warm up tops, training kit and to be attended hand and foot while a small handful of ageing committee men and women give up a considerable amount of their time to try to better their club.

I would ask the players at the majority of clubs when they walk into their dressing rooms today and see their boots cleaned, warm up tops, todays strip, hanging up, towels for shower laid out and physios available at first hand to repair their aching muscles from two nights training, which quite a few will not attend, and at the end of the game look for the wages, please ask yourself where does this money come from and do I feel Ihave justified in taking it.

Sorry to stray into a club post that really has nothing to do with me. However the previous post made interesting reading.

I both agree and disagree with the above.

If you are employed to do a  job then you should expect to be paid. 

The players no matter how greedy should not be blamed for that.

Nothing to stop you make them buy their own kit and clean it themselves though.

It is actually illegal to run a business that cannot sustain it's own running costs.

That is where the whole model of football being run with paid pros, with an audience of 30 men and a dug is wrong.

That applies to almost all non league football which should be run at amateur status in my opinion.

Then all income could be spent on facilities and not wages.

Any names surfacing for vacant managerial job at winton, not a job for a start in management, experience a must to turn rovers season around - keep them in league - new players in for next campaign and knowing that everything is in place off the park as has been well documented, need to establish club as one thats  "going places".

Archived