Stenny v forfar

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was funny.

Hope you weren't the fud shouting abuse at the Stenny kids at half time, grim stuff.

naw, but don't blame him they get stuck next to us and not the Stenny end & are annoying af. Still baffles me why they don't open the terracing, and then moan at people for standing up

Good summing up as usual from Francesc Fabregas. Agree with all he said. A good crowd from Forfar on the back of a good win a fast surface and then nothing, flat , no game plan, apart from the first 10 mins then we resorted to pumping high balls up to Andy Ryan which gave Malky an easy afternoon. Craig's rediculous yellow card, too late and wrong substitution makes you wonder are we any better off after the change of management. All of you who shouted for Campbell to go do you feel more confident of staying up now? Douglas or Hill going in to the last 5 games,you decide!

Good summing up as usual from Francesc Fabregas. Agree with all he said. A good crowd from Forfar on the back of a good win a fast surface and then nothing, flat , no game plan, apart from the first 10 mins then we resorted to pumping high balls up to Andy Ryan which gave Malky an easy afternoon. Craig's rediculous yellow card, too late and wrong substitution makes you wonder are we any better off after the change of management. All of you who shouted for Campbell to go do you feel more confident of staying up now? Douglas or Hill going in to the last 5 games,you decide!

f**k it gee Jason a game, can't be any worse than Hill! Bombscare

You found the game entertaining?  Both teams were absolutely dire.

Craig was a complete twat getting his yellow, that's for sure.

Have to agree with Hill too.  Some of his saves were painful to watch, he looked like a poorly shaped origami man unfolding at the speed of slow.

That was funny.

Hope you weren't the fud shouting abuse at the Stenny kids at half time, grim stuff.

Who was shouting the abuse? I coach some of the kids who were on at half time. Let the kids play, after all its about having fun at that age.

You found the game entertaining?  Both teams were absolutely dire.

Craig was a complete twat getting his yellow, that's for sure.

Have to agree with Hill too.  Some of his saves were painful to watch, he looked like a poorly shaped origami man unfolding at the speed of slow.

It was entertaining in its own ramshackle way, certainly in the final 10 minutes after Forfar scored.

Watching those highlights just confirms the lack of contribution from our captain.  I know he's no midfielder, but at least look motivated and make a token attempt at harrying, tackling and closing down.  Martin had a poor one but he never stopped trying.  Someone who cares, like Smith or Foxy, should replace the captain, but it won't happen.

As for Hill........

Match highlights:

Some additional thoughts to add to last night's post:

• I think it would be wrong to criticise Darren Hill for his part in the first goal. When Mark Gilhaney collects the botched clearance, he uses the defender as a marker and bends the ball around him into the corner. A combination of the good finish and the fact the 'keeper might have been unsighted led to the goal.
  • Stuart Malcolm's poor tackle on Andy Ryan at Forfar's equaliser was pretty comical. He gets nowhere near it, takes himself completely out of the game and opens up all the space in the world for the striker to square for Steven Craig. He's still on his backside when the ball hits the net.
  • Craig really should have done better when he whacked the ball over from close range. I appreciate that the ball sprung up on him and he was probably caught unawares but a player of his pedigree ought to be scoring.
  • Colin McCabe's tackle on Ryan - world class. Slides in, takes the ball as clean as a whistle and kills off the attack. I was so sure he'd bring down the player when he dived in.
  • Darren Hill at Colin McMenamin's winner - dearie me. It looked as though he had no idea where the ball was going. From the looks of things, he was expecting it to bounce wide. The little jump of despair he does as it hits the net is as sad as it is comical.

That's a lovely finish from Gils.

What on earth is Malcolm doing there? It's actually pretty funny to be honest I mean this isn't a young kid diving in like that it's a guy who's been about the block. Murray is going absolutely mental at him.Good to hear he was OK apart from that though.

How was Beith?

That's a lovely finish from Gils.

What on earth is Malcolm doing there? It's actually pretty funny to be honest I mean this isn't a young kid diving in like that it's a guy who's been about the block. Murray is going absolutely mental at him.Good to hear he was OK apart from that though.

How was Beith?

Yung Angus Beith looked alright, he didn't do anything outrageous but he didn't do anything bad either. Kept things ticking over and linked well enough with Stirling and Gilhaney. A sound addition for the run in.

Archived