SteamVR

banana

I cant make my mind up about VR. I get the feeling I should be more excited about it than I am.

I think it's something that will have a massive influence in a number of things in the future. Things such as training fir certain jobs, gaming and even exercising and sports could become a thing done by VR. As it stands I have a VR that I put my phone into and while it's great fun and gets passed around at family get together it's basic in terms of things available. I imagine it will only grow though as I'm pretty sure Sony are releasing one for the PlayStation soon aswell.

I think it's something that will have a massive influence in a number of things in the future. Things such as training fir certain jobs, gaming and even exercising and sports could become a thing done by VR. As it stands I have a VR that I put my phone into and while it's great fun and gets passed around at family get together it's basic in terms of things available. I imagine it will only grow though as I'm pretty sure Sony are releasing one for the PlayStation soon aswell.

It definitely has the potential to benefit certain things. Im just not convinced gaming will be one of them. I remember getting very excited at the prospect of the wii because it was so different to what had come before.

That didnt really have the impact on the gaming world it might have, neither did kinect. VR is another step along that road but I cant help feeling that its going to go the same way. A niche experience that gets hyped up as the next big thing before disappearing into obscurity.

Looking at stuff the HTC Vive is doing, it looks like a lot of fun.  But at the moment it still seems pretty shallow, despite being very cool.  If it comes down to being more affordable while at the same time having a killer application, then it'll succeed.  At the moment it just isn't worth it.

It's going to have to be tried before judgement can be past. Not sure I get Sony's involvement though and worry they will push it to hilt and leave their core products behind.

It definitely has the potential to benefit certain things. Im just not convinced gaming will be one of them. I remember getting very excited at the prospect of the wii because it was so different to what had come before.

That didnt really have the impact on the gaming world it might have, neither did kinect. VR is another step along that road but I cant help feeling that its going to go the same way. A niche experience that gets hyped up as the next big thing before disappearing into obscurity.

This is how I feel too. Most people I know are so excited about it and think it's going to change gaming forever, I feel like it's just another gimmick that won't last the same way 3D is going. Don't get me wrong it looks awesome and I would love to try it out and I might even buy the PlayStationVR if seems good and drops in price in the future.

I just can't see myself wanting to play it all the time. There will be many times I just want to play with a controller and TV for a while to come I think.

This is how I feel too. Most people I know are so excited about it and think it's going to change gaming forever, I feel like it's just another gimmick that won't last the same way 3D is going. Don't get me wrong it looks awesome and I would love to try it out and I might even buy the PlayStationVR if seems good and drops in price in the future.

I just can't see myself wanting to play it all the time. There will be many times I just want to play with a controller and TV for a while to come I think.

There was similar hype about the Kinect and look whats happened to that

There was similar hype about the Kinect and look whats happened to that

Say what you want about kinect but it brought me one of the funniest moments ever in my gaming life. I have a mate who's totally addicted to fifa, pumps a shit load of money into ultimate team, plays career mode for hours every night etc... He had a man United career going for absolutely ages and I was round his for a while one night, his brothers kinect was connected to the xbox and after hours of playing he got sacked because the Kinect had picked up him swearing. Queue a kinect getting absolutely launched across the room and an 18 year old on the verge of tears in the corner. I could barely move for laughing.

Say what you want about kinect but it brought me one of the funniest moments ever in my gaming life. I have a mate who's totally addicted to fifa, pumps a shit load of money into ultimate team, plays career mode for hours every night etc... He had a man United career going for absolutely ages and I was round his for a while one night, his brothers kinect was connected to the xbox and after hours of playing he got sacked because the Kinect had picked up him swearing. Queue a kinect getting absolutely launched across the room and an 18 year old on the verge of tears in the corner. I could barely move for laughing.

Got sacked for swearing?

Be great for fps / rpg games and i could imagine the likes of resident evil and left for dead would be very atmospheric using one if these

Archived