Today's Scores

Gartcairn Army

Strange ordering off at Larkhall today.

Larkhall player scores a goal runs over to his own fans and gives them the old forearm "up you" gesture and gets a straight red. Hope this isn't a sign of things to come that a player needs to watch how he celebrates a goal.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Largs v fortunate today in a rather dour game. Equalised with a deflected goal (it seemed ) a very harsh pen and then a screamer to get all 3 points. Looked like Marks raised an elbow which linesman flagged for but ref ignored. Kind of win that wins trophies or promotion though

I agree with the most of above, as always there is an however! Marks raised an elbow which the linesman flagged for!!! Are you having a laugh, where do I begin? Look back at all of my posts and NEVER ( that I can remember )have I gave the officials a hard time! On this occasion the Lino (ref assistant) was being given grief from the two, one in particular a hard time. He seemed to struggle to deal with this, and dare I say crumbled on occasion to the grief given!

Marks raised an elbow?????? Where were you standing Bill? There is no way in this world that this was foul play! The boy made a meal of it!

All this being said if it was not for a wonder goal by Gary Fleming a draw would have been a fair result. Bill you are being a wee bit naughty mentionioning an incident that occurred a long way from where you were standing?

Look forwrard to seeing you in a fortnight! Come on the Theeessseeeeeeel!

Sparky isn't a bad centre half

Told me he was a centre forward bfck 😳ha

To be fair put himself forward to play outfield... Gotta live the desire within the boys to help in anyway they can.

Great bunch.

I agree with the most of above, as always there is an however! Marks raised an elbow which the linesman flagged for!!! Are you having a laugh, where do I begin? Look back at all of my posts and NEVER ( that I can remember )have I gave the officials a hard time! On this occasion the Lino (ref assistant) was being given grief from the two, one in particular a hard time. He seemed to struggle to deal with this, and dare I say crumbled on occasion to the grief given!

Marks raised an elbow?????? Where were you standing Bill? There is no way in this world that this was foul play! The boy made a meal of it!

All this being said if it was not for a wonder goal by Gary Fleming a draw would have been a fair result. Bill you are being a wee bit naughty mentionioning an incident that occurred a long way from where you were standing?

Look forwrard to seeing you in a fortnight! Come on the Theeessseeeeeeel!

Not being naughty my man. I was at other end of park that's right but everyone around me thought that's what happened. It's a cracking win for Largs under the circumstances. Yoker are hard to beat. Big spell coming up ... you play us and Buffs within a few days ... that will go a long way to deciding your fate I think. Looking forward to welcoming you in a fortnight.. :)

It was at very least a caution for Marks who was subsequently cautioned in the 'melee' after the very dubious penalty was awarded. Big decisions went in Largs favour yesterday for sure.

Larkhall player scores a goal runs over to his own fans and gives them the old forearm "up you" gesture and gets a straight red. Hope this isn't a sign of things to come that a player needs to watch how he celebrates a goal.

If it is as you describe, that's identical to a Junior clip that was shown at a Referee's monthly meeting about a year ago. Think it was a Pollok game with a penalty shoot out - player scored and did at 'up you' to behind the goals, populated with two old boys and a dog. As he strolled back to the centre circle, Ref nonchalantly flashed Red as he walked by. Can only surmise the Ref goes to his association meetings!

It was an odd one right enough - I was down the far end of the shed at the time and I assumed it was maybe directed at somebody in particular or accompanied with some verbals to somebody in the crowd, but apparently it was neither.

Even a couple of our players were telling the ref not to be daft, but that seems to be the way the wind's blowing just now regarding goal celebrations. Shades of that Andy Halliday red v St Mirren recently.

Strange booking at Maybole yesterday. Maybole player kicked ball at our forward to get him booked for not retreating 10yds at a freekick. Ref booked Maybole player for "using the ball as a weapon"

If it is as you describe, that's identical to a Junior clip that was shown at a Referee's monthly meeting about a year ago. Think it was a Pollok game with a penalty shoot out - player scored and did at 'up you' to behind the goals, populated with two old boys and a dog. As he strolled back to the centre circle, Ref nonchalantly flashed Red as he walked by. Can only surmise the Ref goes to his association meetings!

That's the rules, if a player is deemed to have used an offensive gesture then he is red carded. and eh it wisnae Pollok and there was more than 2 men and a dog.

https://youtu.be/h9N359WAjvo

Archived