Rain

I've always thought that unless clubs fork out the extra £40-£50 for linesmen then they can't complain about offside calls.

The eos/south division is supposed to be a decent level but imo games without linos are amateur.

In the senior leagues the clubs don't get the choice. If linesmen (or women) are available, the SFA allocate them, and that's the end of the matter.

There aren't anything like enough available.

If you look at SFA website listings there are barely any left after SPFL, HL, LL & Womens Premier (which must get them) and Junior superleagues.

You will find midweek games are far more likely to get assistants for that reason. There were none in EOSL yesterday, but 3 out of 5 this Tue/Wed.

Of course if more respect was shown to refs and assistants, it might be a more attractive activity, and that might encourage more people to do it...

Of course if more respect was shown to refs and assistants, it might be a more attractive activity, and that might encourage more people to do it...

Im no wanting to sound Shan here, but the assistants I've seen in the EOS arent very good, they look a bag of nerves and barely help the ref out, even on who's throwing it is. They rarely make a decision, never take their eyes off the ref, lifting their flag in the same direction after the ref makes the decision first. I know they're young and learning, but it's money wasted imo

Refs are poor in this league and no linesmen is poor for this level. There is about 2 refs that are about ok level.

Said it before and I'll say it again, but the refs are at the same level as the players. The top players play in spfl and the top refs officiate there and so on and so on. The eos ( as the 6th tier for refs in the east) will have the relevant quality of ref.

Said it before and I'll say it again, but the refs are at the same level as the players. The top players play in spfl and the top refs officiate there and so on and so on. The eos ( as the 6th tier for refs in the east) will have the relevant quality of ref.

totally agree SN, the refs mirror the quality on the pitch

Archived