2016 Scottish Cup Final - Hibernian FC v Rangers

Bambino7

According to that:

"We know that at least six Rangers players and assistant manager Davie Weir were attacked, leaving three of them requiring medical attention"

I didn't know that so I checked their sources and for that claim it's the Sun who wade in with this:

"Reports claim that Gers skipper Lee Wallace had to be rescued by his team-mates after being knocked to the ground and repeatedly kicked by thugs.

It's understood that Rangers stars Wallace, Andy Halliday and Jason Holt required medical attention following the shocking scenes after thousands of fans flooded the field.

ITV news journalist Peter Smith said: "I saw Rangers captain Lee Wallace attacked by fans on the park.

He was punched and kicked until his team mates and security moved in."

If any of that happened I reckon we'd have seen proof of it by now, we've seen loads of clips online after all - there were thousands of cameras at hampden last week.

Did the photographer who took the picture of Wallace having a punch swung at him not take any pictures of him on the ground getting kicked ? Why does the clip of Wallace being swung at not show him getting knocked to the ground and kicked, why is there a clip of Wallace trapsing off the park rather matter-of-fact when he's just been beaten up ? Is it cause it's absolute horse shit !!??

Davie Weir must've got his heid kicked in while chewing gum and holding his clipboard...cos he walked down the tunnel doing both 😂.

I don't see any 'nasty undertone' or 'worrying trend' coming from Rangers.  What I do see is The Diddies loving to post about Rangers - but this is OK.  As I've said often, P&B is the 2nd largest Sevco forum on the internet.

Your fellow diddies will ken that more than me.

You could be a politician with deflection and avoidance like that.  

This is a public forum and one that you have many years of experience with (and probably countless arguments on this topic) and so I guess I understand the guarded approach.  I'd love to sit with a few beers and hear what you really think of all this stuff.

You could be a politician with deflection and avoidance like that.  

This is a public forum and one that you have many years of experience with (and probably countless arguments on this topic) and so I guess I understand the guarded approach.  I'd love to sit with a few beers and hear what you really think of all this stuff.

My approach is absolutely not guarded.  We Bears post on here because we take an interest in Scottish football as a whole.  I've really enjoyed the match threads in The Championship this season and watched as many games on Alba is I could - and posted accordingly.  It's been a season of delight for some and disaster for others.

A better question would be, "Why are The Diddies so obsessed about Rangers?".

My approach is absolutely not guarded.  We Bears post on here because we take an interest in Scottish football as a whole.  I've really enjoyed the match threads in The Championship this season and watched as many games on Alba is I could - and posted accordingly.  It's been a season of delight for some and disaster for others.

A strong sense of fair play.  A Scottish strength.

To be fair, it's not as if they threw away a 2 goal lead or anything like that. Now that would be embarrassing in a cup competition.

Or losing by 4 goals,similarly embarrassing.

Doing it twice?Nah,couldn't happen.

My approach is absolutely not guarded. We Bears post on here because we take an interest in Scottish football as a whole. I've really enjoyed the match threads in The Championship this season and watched as many games on Alba is I could - and posted accordingly. It's been a season of delight for some and disaster for others.

Again your avoiding and deflecting.

Due to the size of the rangers support the media obsess over them, and consequently in many ways they dominate discussions.

But the club's reaction to this defeat has been on a whole new scale.

Fans conspiracy theories are one thing but the official statement was naming journalists and even the first minister.

Good, decent rangers fans are nowhere to be found - at a time when they're needed more than ever.

Diddies?You lot are the biggestbdiddies of the lot,Hibs beat you in a cup final FFS,

" Money Spinner "

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😃😃😂

Phoodle must go 😂😂😂😂

My approach is absolutely not guarded. We Bears post on here because we take an interest in Scottish football as a whole. I've really enjoyed the match threads in The Championship this season and watched as many games on Alba is I could - and posted accordingly. It's been a season of delight for some and disaster for others.

A very public collapse, followed by a constant stream of tears and snotters, by a well supported and prominant scottish institution is clearly big news and a big talking point.

You're basically the sporting equivalent of Scottish labour.