Arbroath vs Montrose

The Forfar team assembled by Dick Campbell have been relegated .........

With the exception of Bobby Linn's dazzling performances, it's been two very dark years at Gayfield.

Lets hope we can move forward in the 2016 - 17 season and escape from the bottom tier of Scottish football.

It's been a rotten two seasons.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Forfar team assembled by Dick Campbell have been relegated .........

With the exception of Bobby Linn's dazzling performances, it's been two very dark years at Gayfield.

Lets hope we can move forward in the 2016 - 17 season and escape from the bottom tier of Scottish football.

It's been a rotten two seasons.

Campbell was sacked after a run of 7 without winning, but they were still only 6 off the play offs and if you read what Forfar fans have to say they're saying they wouldn't have got relegated if they didn't punt him. Players left after Bollan came in too.

Looking forward to the multras video/pictures for this one. Was v good last time.

Ref getting the ball Haymaker-stylee straight in the face was the only amusement today, was such a dreadful life-sapping game that no-one could be bothered to give the vastly over-reactionary number of neenaw anything to do.

Last minute decision to go was a masterstroke. *facepalm*

Game wasn't great. Players that stood out for me were Bobby Linn, Terry Masson, and my MoM Andrew Steeves. Number of other Mo players played well (don't pay much attention to other teams individual players tbh). The fact Arbroath who had the better share of the play can't break us down with Ross Campbell at left back says more about them than us. AFC A club on the decline....

Campbell was sacked after a run of 7 without winning, but they were still only 6 off the play offs and if you read what Forfar fans have to say they're saying they wouldn't have got relegated if they didn't punt him. Players left after Bollan came in too.

It was 17 games !

I've looked at your results, and I'm confused, he was sacked on the 14th December or something was he not and you had won 4 drew 5 and lost 8 in the league?

Aye sorry your right it was one win in 12 with some dreadful performances . The 17 figure was the overall run of games without a win (i think) or something along those lines

I'll need to bookmark this for this time next season... :P

Bookmark all you want but Arbroath is over twice the size as a town of Montrose (let alone Brechin) and you are wallowing around where you are with crowds not much better than anyone else down here.

But then why would part time players make a decision to go with the extra £50 a game when playing in a wind tunnel and the fans can't get on with themselves let alone the team.

Bookmark all you want but Arbroath is over twice the size as a town of Montrose (let alone Brechin) and you are wallowing around where you are with crowds not much better than anyone else down here.

But then why would part time players make a decision to go with the extra £50 a game when playing in a wind tunnel and the fans can't get on with themselves let alone the team.

Our crowds have been the best in the league by a fair bit since we've been in it. We had just under 600 last week against Berwick when we are as bad as we are now. What kind of crowds should we be getting at the moment??? (Eta: 620 is our average, 3rd best in the league and 70 behind Elgin, even though were 9th and have been utter pish since January 2015.... We were top last season and sitting top at Christmas too)

This wind tunnel talk is a lot of shite, Gayfield can get really windy at times but the majority of the time it's not any worse than the rest.

I like the 'wallowing around' chat, are you for real. :lol:

The lowest I've seen us finish since I've been going, roughly 2000, is 4th in this league, I've seen us win the league and the promotion play offs, also get promoted by finishing 2nd behind Partick Thistle, play in the 1st/2nd and 3rd division, seen us involved in 3 other promotion play offs, 1 to go up to the Championship for a second time, 2 to go up from this league. In ALL that time Montrose have NEVER left the bottom league, usually finishing in and around the bottom. Wallowing around is a bit rich.

I'm beyond positive we will not decline next season, or ever finish 10th, as for Montrose.... Can't be long until you're back fighting for your SPFL status.

Hope you guys enjoy ANOTHER season in 2fl , we will miss you > but we have to move up SORRY ? GOOD LUCK . FOR NEXT SEASON . Might see you SOON ? OH bye the way ! ye can stick yer fuckin SMOKIES up yer arse . LOL

Hope you guys enjoy ANOTHER season in 2fl , we will miss you > but we have to move up SORRY ? GOOD LUCK . FOR NEXT SEASON . Might see you SOON ? OH bye the way ! ye can stick yer fuckin SMOKIES up yer arse . LOL

Enjoy pumping you're sister tonight.....again

LOL . Enjoy SFL 2 For Another YEAR !!!!!!!!!! Let's hope you don't end up in the play off . next season for the Highland league ? PMSL , They tell me Brora Rangers are as good as it get's . LOL . Or it might be Cove Rangers LOL , just got to love you LOT Tho ? he he .

Is this the sort of bantz these lower leagues over? I'm in my fucking element.

Mon the webfooted inbred!!!!

Naw, Tazz just shows up from time to time on Arbroath threads making a c**t of himself.

I hope you had plenty of £2 vodkas before that 'game' today Waffelz, a truly dreadful spectacle as expected, nearly as bad as the fare at Tannadice ffs.

Don't let it put you off visiting again. :P

Haha, it was absolutely awful. Ended up being in the "Mo" end but other than some drunken pensioner there was no atmosphere at all. Left just after half time. The pub across from the ground was fair quality tbh

Haha, it was absolutely awful. Ended up being in the "Mo" end but other than some drunken pensioner there was no atmosphere at all. Left just after half time. The pub across from the ground was fair quality tbh

I haven't seen anybody say anything other than that, fans, reports, and even players, absolute pish. And there was no atmosphere either, was to be expected with nobody up for it, us and the few Mo fans that did bother to make the short journey were both feeling the way you'll be feeling come next Monday night at Dens... :(

Atleast you enjoyed the pub. You'll need to try get back for a meaningful one so you can sample Tuttties again. ;)

Archived