Amateur Games Demands At End of the season

Mitre Mouldmaster

It is a shame for most clubs who are struggling to get a team together midweek due to work commitments. However I know a lot of teams who throughout the season have refused early or late kick offs on 4g when it would guarantee a game played during the winter months. Also on a few occasions when the weather has been bad and games called off, I have tried to either reverse the fixture or play another team in our league on a 3G just to get games played but have been refused too many times. I called a manager of the same club on two separate occasions 30 mins after it was announced on twitter there game had been cancelled and we still had to play them at home to only be told the players had made other arrangements. This a team who have now been moaning about fixture pile up.

Leagues need to enforce the 1pm and 3pm kick offs and force clubs to play at these times to get games played. Also clubs who's game gets postponed on a Friday morning should not be cancelling there players until the match secretary confirms they are not going to get another fixture with a team who have access to a 3G.

This sounds far too sensible.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is a shame for most clubs who are struggling to get a team together midweek due to work commitments. However I know a lot of teams who throughout the season have refused early or late kick offs on 4g when it would guarantee a game played during the winter months. Also on a few occasions when the weather has been bad and games called off, I have tried to either reverse the fixture or play another team in our league on a 3G just to get games played but have been refused too many times. I called a manager of the same club on two separate occasions 30 mins after it was announced on twitter there game had been cancelled and we still had to play them at home to only be told the players had made other arrangements. This a team who have now been moaning about fixture pile up.

Leagues need to enforce the 1pm and 3pm kick offs and force clubs to play at these times to get games played. Also clubs who's game gets postponed on a Friday morning should not be cancelling there players until the match secretary confirms they are not going to get another fixture with a team who have access to a 3G.

ðŸ‘🻠well said

How many teams have another 3 games or more this week

Too many games are killing players

Sum players playing for sat and sun teams could be playing 7 games in 7 days ... sat , sun, mon, tues, weds , thurs, rest Friday and game time sat again 😂

How many teams have another 3 games or more this week

Too many games are killing players

Danderhall mw have 4 games in a week. Only because we're doing well in cups so wouldn't have it any other way! Thankfully we have a big squad to deal with people who can't always make 6:30 kick offs. I'd imagine many teams will drop points or lose games they wouldn't normally.

Rumours have it colville park have Scottish final on sun may 22 and have been asked to play a league game on the Monday night

This is an example of fixture secretary madness

And if true this could well certainly be an advantage to their opponents unless colville stay sober after the Scottish final that is

The world's going mad!how can u have a team play in the biggest game of the amateur calendar possibly winning it and ask your players not too have a beer or 20 and be fully prepared to play again the following day ? Coville will get on with it as they usually do but common sense has went out the window with this one that's for sure.

Really hard this time of year with boys working away or nightshift etc last night v garrowhill had to play first half with 10 men until boy arrived at ht from working and had to soldier on with no subs really tough on players this time of year

I think Colville played 4 games in 5 days to win league after Scottish Final defeat maybe 3 years ago,maybe someone can clarify.

yes im sure that is true and the year previously im sure they played a league cup final on the monday or something against drumchapel then the scottish cup final on the sat and harestanes away on the monday night, the only thing in their favour this season is the league is won so the result on the monday is irrelevant

Price of success I suppose for a team that get to the latter stages of everything. There's a good 8 day break in there before the Scottish cup final which will most likely be the reason games have been crammed in either side. Is there no way of asking for the games the midweek after the Scottish final to be played Tuesday and Thursday. This isn't the perfect solution I know, but a good bit better than playing the day after a Scottish final.

It may have been resolved or their may be other plans in place, but if Leven win their Fife Cup Semi Final on Thursday night they are scheduled to play the Fife Cup Final on the Friday Night before the Scottish Cup Final.  Park etc already booked.  Unsure what will happen in that regards if they do make the final.

Archived