Stirling Albion Thread

Steven Noble signed after being released from Peterhead

Good signing for us, a player who has always played well when I have watched him and probably one of the better Left Backs at this level. Haven't seen him for a couple of seasons now, but I'm hoping things haven't changed.

Andy Little sign on for another year, we have now 14 players signed up for next season.

If, it's a big if, he can keep himself fit then that's a fantastic signing. Far too good for this level on his day.

1 hour ago, rhliston said:

Andy Little sign on for another year, we have now 14 players signed up for next season.

Good news and news that everyone is sure to be delighted about I would of thought. In the few brief appearances that he made for the club, he didn’t really set the heather on fire but you could see he had the ability to play higher than League 2, and of course, we all know from his time at Rangers that he’s a good player. Get him fit, create chances and I’m sure he’ll score goals.

So with little, Henderson, Smith and Kav, is that it for strikers or can we expect another 1 to come in? Must admit, although not urgent, I would like to see another one being signed, especially if Mackay intends to play 3 up front for most of next season. Although I’m seriously dubious of it happening, hopefully Henderson has had his blip and can kick on next season because if we do go with these 4 then he will once again be the focal point through the middle.

Prefer Daz out wide tbh, I'd play Kav and Little up top. Little is good on the ball and will create plenty og chances for Kav.

Don't think Henderson is having a blip, just think he's fucking hopeless. Saying that he still managed to score 18 goals for Berwick so there is a goal scorer in there, somewhere.

1 hour ago, JakeSAFC said:

Wonder who our next signing will be.

Manager has said he's looking to have a maximum first team squad of 18. We've 14 signed up so far. Think we need a back up goalie, a right back (unless he intends playing Caddis or Black there), and at least 1 wide midfield player. Haven't heard any names mentioned, but there's a couple of right backs signed elsewhere I wouldn't have minded seeing at Forthbank.

Manager has said he's looking to have a maximum first team squad of 18. We've 14 signed up so far. Think we need a back up goalie, a right back (unless he intends playing Caddis or Black there), and at least 1 wide midfield player. Haven't heard any names mentioned, but there's a couple of right backs signed elsewhere I wouldn't have minded seeing at Forthbank.

Agreed, Cammy Binnie needs someone to challenge him. I think we also need a centre back and a winger.

Also talk on Rave On about Dylan Easton supposedly signing, he'd be a real coup if kept fit.

Peter MacDonald now confirmed ( www.stirlingalbionfc.co.uk/2017/06/13/macdonald-signs-on ) delighted with the signing, he's a player I've always liked and as Dave Mackay says here, every time he played against us last season he looked good and 22 goals for a team that finished 2nd bottom is pretty impressive.

Didn't seem that long ago that players couldn't wait to leave us to join Clyde (Junior, JP McGovern, Johnstone, McKenzie) now it looks as though the tide has turned if the Easton & McNeill rumours are true.

MacDonald and Little could be a fine partnership next season. 

Think the division is warming up to be quite an interesting contest.

McDonald hasn't the mobility but he is absolute class finisher , played a lot more games for us than I thought he would fitness wise and seems a good guy to have around the dressing room

Was nigh on impossible to stay with us after being co manager and applying for managers job (allegedly)

Wouldnt have a bad word said against the guy

48 minutes ago, Armand 2 said:

MacDonald and Little could be a fine partnership next season. 

Think the division is warming up to be quite an interesting contest.

15 minutes ago, cfcuk said:

McDonald hasn't the mobility but he is absolute class finisher , played a lot more games for us than I thought he would fitness wise and seems a good guy to have around the dressing room

Going by last season, Dave Mackay seemed to favour having 3 up front. The way his signings and squad retention has gone, it looks like that he wants to play 4-3-3 moving into next season as well.

If that is the case, then McDonald will play centre of a 3 and will be that focal striker and will be against Blair Henderson for a starting place. This would leave Little, Smith and Kavanagh to fight for the places out wide, where they all played last season.

On their day, that's a decent forward line for this level, whatever way you look at it. Henderson was pretty brutal last season, but is more than capable of coming on with 20 minutes to go, if McDonald is done, or covering for him when he is injured. We've seen with Henderson before that he does have goals in him, we didn't see that player last season (he admitted it in the Stirling Observer as well) but with better service, maybe he'll really push McDonald. I'm guessing it will be one or the other though, both are too slow to start together.

If we can get the men behind them (players like Caddis, Dickson, Noble and if the rumours are correct Easton and McNeill) then we should be in amongst the goals and confident of outscoring teams.

Peaso is a class signing, he'll bag himself a few goals and will create goals. Might be old but is still class.

Also, just seen that Iain Russell has retired. What a man. Will never forget when he all but won us a league title.