Stirling Albion Thread

Since the 3 January signings, things have looked up for us.

Although I couldn’t make yesterday, Barr has done exactly what we have been crying out for. Moon & Jardine are nothing but consistent in the middle of the park (something that was lacking there) and the players around them seem to be picking up form again.

Long may it continue.

Since the 3 January signings, things have looked up for us.

Although I couldn’t make yesterday, Barr has done exactly what we have been crying out for. Moon & Jardine are nothing but consistent in the middle of the park (something that was lacking there) and the players around them seem to be picking up form again.

Long may it continue.

I think there is still more to come from moon, the first 2 games he looked rusty and now he’s finding his form. He could become a real asset for us by the end of the season

I think there is still more to come from moon, the first 2 games he looked rusty and now he’s finding his form. He could become a real asset for us by the end of the season

I think Moon has been decent. Jardine, Robertson & Moon compliment each other very well. Robertson's beginning to look like Robertson of old.

Albion fans-- any truth in the rumour that a scottish premier league player is trying to buy Stirling albon? will there fans sell it to bring money in or is the fan ownership more important? Or is it just another fake news rumour

There is a meeting to discuss a potential buy. Not sure on the details as it has been kept hush.

3 minutes ago, Burnsythebinman said:

Albion fans-- any truth in the rumour that a scottish premier league player is trying to buy Stirling albon? will there fans sell it to bring money in or is the fan ownership more important? Or is it just another fake news rumour

Their has been talks with the Supporters Trust who own 83% of the shares in the club between a Local Businessman and an ex EPL player about purchasing the Trust Shares, still in discussion. 

At the end of the day its up to members of the Supporters Trust to say yes or no to any offer to buy the shares. 

1 minute ago, Burnsythebinman said:

cheers. I thought it was just a rumur as well. wonder who it is and if theres a connection to the club or that

The Local businessman is a member of the Supporters Trust I understand, other than that don`t know much else about the ex SPL footballer, things are being kept confidential at the moment. 

Very much true. The trust are currently discussing with the unnamed party.

I wouldn't mind some investment, but I also don't want the trust to lose out on the running of the club. What they have done since the takeover is remarkable.

Would like to hear both the trusts and the unnamed investors future plans for the club.

39 minutes ago, BullyWeeLad said:

David Goodwillie ?

No chance he could afford to buy the Albion after the costs of his recent Court case. Surprised he his still with the Clyde, though he would have been gone by now playing for more money in the lower English league`s.

No chance he could afford to buy the Albion after the costs of his recent Court case. Surprised he his still with the Clyde, though he would have been gone by now playing for more money in the lower English league`s.

I think a lot of clubs, even down south, are a bit wary of signing him. Far to good for this level but with the rapist tag over his head, not many clubs will touch him.