Stirling Albion Thread

10 minutes ago, StewartyMac said:

When the fans bought the club, it was put in the hands of the Supporters Trust. The Trust then appointed an executive board to run the club on a day to day basis, including the chairman (Stuart Brown)

Over the last few months (years?), certain members of the Trust committee have fallen out with the Chairman and due to growing egos, have pursued to try and get rid of him by whatever means they can. In September, they held a Trust meeting fully expecting in their own arrogant fashion that the fans would just agree to removing him, but although many fans have had their differences with the Chairman, he's always put the club first, so there was a bit of a backlash at the meeting (particularly given many of the baseless allegations) with the agreement that a mediator be brought in to try and resolve the matter. The Chairman also stated he would be willing to stand down at the end of the season anyway. 

Now we have a situation where the Trust are so desperate to discredit the man, they're using an ongoing case of abuse to further their vandetta against him, which is sickening really. Heads need to roll on the Trust board after this. 

If I was the chairman, I'd also stick two fingers up to them by not offering to step down at the end of the season. 

Of course. all of this may be moot given there's an offer on the table to buy the club, although what the prospective buyers must be thinking now is anyone's guess. Not to mention the risk of the club sponsors getting twitchy at what's unfolding here. 

In short, an avoidable shambles perpetrated by power hungry egomaniacs who are letting personal vendettas get in the way of running the club. And all this at a time the team on the park have found their spark again. I'm sickened by the whole sordid affair.  

Well said, my thoughts entirely.

I was a Trust Board member from the very beginning until after the 2010 takeover.

The problems with the Trust Board and the Exec (the club directors) stem from the takeover in 2010.

There was about 4 weeks between winning control of the club and the start of the season.

There was no time to sit down and lay out a structure, responsibilities and remits of the Trust Board and Exec Board.

There has always been tension between the two as the Exec Board ignored reasonable requests from the Trust Board for updates on the finances during the first season after the takeover. Monthly Trust Board meetings after monthly meeting - no update on the club finances. Rumours of a cardboard box of receipts unprocessed would suggest that the Exec didn’t know what the situation actually was so that was why there no ability to give an update. For the record, a £5k profit was made that season (we were relegated tamely from the 2nd tier under John O’Neil then Jocky Scott)

There was an Exec Boardroom coup. Paul Goodwin and Steven lieper were ousted and the Brown era began with Alan Christie taking over the finances. This is when the club started to be run properly if looking at it with a financial hat on.

The procedures for the Exec reporting to the Trust Have never been properly set down. The Trust have owned the club for 7.5 years. It is a failure of the Trust ownership that they never fixed the roles and remits of the structure properly.

5 hours ago, Ray Vaughn said:

I was a Trust Board member from the very beginning until after the 2010 takeover.

The problems with the Trust Board and the Exec (the club directors) stem from the takeover in 2010.

There was about 4 weeks between winning control of the club and the start of the season.

There was no time to sit down and lay out a structure, responsibilities and remits of the Trust Board and Exec Board.

There has always been tension between the two as the Exec Board ignored reasonable requests from the Trust Board for updates on the finances during the first season after the takeover. Monthly Trust Board meetings after monthly meeting - no update on the club finances. Rumours of a cardboard box of receipts unprocessed would suggest that the Exec didn’t know what the situation actually was so that was why there no ability to give an update. For the record, a £5k profit was made that season (we were relegated tamely from the 2nd tier under John O’Neil then Jocky Scott)

There was an Exec Boardroom coup. Paul Goodwin and Steven lieper were ousted and the Brown era began with Alan Christie taking over the finances. This is when the club started to be run properly if looking at it with a financial hat on.

The procedures for the Exec reporting to the Trust Have never been properly set down. The Trust have owned the club for 7.5 years. It is a failure of the Trust ownership that they never fixed the roles and remits of the structure properly.

Totally agree with your comments, the Trust has concentrated on reducing the debt on taking over the Club which is understandable in the circumstances and has neglected to deal with who does what and what the roles and responsibilities of the Exec Board of the Club and thus we have a situation now we find ourselves in, two fractions fighting each other supposedly in the best interests of the Club. 

Given the fact that the Trust called for an EGM of the Club`s Shareholders and as yet I as a Shareholder have not received any communication from the Club to when this EGM is to be held it does not bode well for the Club in the short term. 

Your team is doing as well as many others in the lower leagues. from everything I hear, your club board is well respected and do a decent job considering the state ofscottish fitba. time for the trust to take a chill pill

They need to stop craving attention.

Totally agree with your comments, the Trust has concentrated on reducing the debt on taking over the Club which is understandable in the circumstances and has neglected to deal with who does what and what the roles and responsibilities of the Exec Board of the Club and thus we have a situation now we find ourselves in, two fractions fighting each other supposedly in the best interests of the Club. 
Given the fact that the Trust called for an EGM of the Club`s Shareholders and as yet I as a Shareholder have not received any communication from the Club to when this EGM is to be held it does not bode well for the Club in the short term. 

As a fellow shareholder I haven’t heard a cheep out of them yet but I will be there and by god are they getting both barrels from me.

The trust board have hired a new chairman without consulting the fans. We're meant to be a fucking fan owned club. The trust board are acting like a bunch of utter snakes.

Time for change at the Albion.

Well their having to arrange a meeting to discuss the vote of No Confidence on the Board and given the fact that they have elected a new Chairman and Vice Chair without consulting the members, giving no chance to ask for nominations for places on the Board does not bode well for the current Trust Boards future.

They seemed to have with this latest chapter managed to get people’s backs up. He’ll mend them if they lose this vote.

Copied and pasted from the ‘Time For Change’ Facebook page:

Ken Lewandowski has been imposed upon the Stirling Albion Supporters Trust members as our Chairman.

Mr Lewandowski is unknown to supporters of the football club, has had no involvement with Stirling Albion FC previously and was appointed without the votes and therefore backing of Supporters Trust members.

We are told by the Trust Secretary that Mr Lewandowski was appointed with a plan to "democratise the club". We find this ironic considering the undemocratic nature of his appointment.

We are unhappy with the lack of transparency by the Trust Board and are angered that the first official mention of Mr Lewandowski's name was to inform us that he's our newly appointed Chairman.

We at ‘Time For Change’ object to this action by the Trust Board and we intend to make our voices heard.

If you agree with us, please sign the petition and share the link with anyone who would support this campaign.

You do not need to be a trust member to sign.

Thank you.
SAFC - Time For Change

www.change.org/p/stirling-albion-supporters-trust-stirling-albion-supporters-trust-appoint-an-elected-chairman

Just watched Danny Jardine's goal from Saturday, nice finish. How is he getting on? I thought he was more of a holding player but sounds and looks like he's more of an attacking midfielder? I presumed this loan was just to wind down his time at Saints but maybe he has a chance of getting a new contract? It would mean moving up to the first team squad though given his age.

Just watched Danny Jardine's goal from Saturday, nice finish. How is he getting on? I thought he was more of a holding player but sounds and looks like he's more of an attacking midfielder? I presumed this loan was just to wind down his time at Saints but maybe he has a chance of getting a new contract? It would mean moving up to the first team squad though given his age.

Since he signed in January, I would say that he has been amongst the leagues best players so far. I would be very surprised if he was being loaned to release, but stranger things have happened.

The lad has got talent and will make a good living out of the game, will he go on to become a regular First Team player at St.Johnstone....I hope he is given the chance at least because he does have something about him. He is certainly capable higher up the leagues, and why not at Perth?

He had huge boots to fill when Callumn Morrison went back to Hearts, but dare I say it, he’s more consistent than Callumn.

I’m not sure where he has played within the St.Johnstone youth set up but Dave Mackay has played him as the focal point in the centre of midfield, he’s certainly not a holding player.