Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2016

A lot of ground covered there DBM and plenty to agree with. However, I am interested in you present opinion of TW. In your previous existence you told me that you totally supported him. Have you changed your mind? Some of your comments in the present post suggest to me that you have turned against him.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One problem is that we have such a small pool that it is difficult to drop someone. I think that despite the good intentions there was an underestimate of how many players we need or, at least, mistaken assumptions as to the ability of the youngsters to step up.

One problem is that we have such a small pool that it is difficult to drop someone. I think that despite the good intentions there was an underestimate of how many players we need or, at least, mistaken assumptions as to the ability of the youngsters to step up.

A young centre half coming in from the 20s wouldn't be any worse than boateng. At least if he's hungry for success he would be able to attack the ball at a corner

I have just heard Gordon Dalziel say he enjoyed the " Red Monday" game for being top tactical viewing and that all 0-0 are not necessarily bad games. He says it was an education for any young coach watching concerning team shape and discipline. I now think our first 0-0 is now a certainty . That would be at least a start but I don't usually watch English games and I thought it was a boring/honking game which had me switching over to Paxman analyzing Trump and Clinton, in the hope that when I went back there might have been a goal! (A forlorn hope as it turned out despite all the millions of quality on the park)

Waysider:  I don't see where criticising repeatedly bad moves is turning against TW and I don't appreciate idiots putting words in my, or anyone else's, mouth.

As long as TW is willing to invest in Airdrie with good intentions he can count on my support.

I've been an Airdrie fan for longer than you can remember.   I will not happy clap though when our crowds dip under 500 and threaten to get worse, or when we threaten to get relegated to league 2 or even oblivion.   I've moaned about f**k up after f**k up over the past 12 months and Saturday's totally vindicate those fears become reality.

I'd gladly tell TW he's making an arse of something or back him to the hilt if I think he's right.   That's what a football fan does.   I've seen my club die once and don't want that again.   

I want my club winning games and back challenging in the championship in front of 1500-2000 fans.   I want to see TW and The Bentleytines thriving and smiling.  I want to see our club selling on prime talent.

If TW wants a sounding board he can DM me directly.

I genuinely believe that everything has been done with the best of intentions, king started of great then got to big for his boots and tw realised it before it got worse, he's underestimated what league 1 football is all about, and if asked and he's honest I'm sure he would agree. A young manager with a more experienced squad and we could maybe get away with, but a young manager with a young inexperienced squad as we can see were struggling. Not sure if dalziel is the answer but tw has identified something needs done and the only way he knows how is to call on a mate who he trusts, and you can agree or disagree on paper dalziel had a reasonable playing career, mixed bag in management, he's got a few coaching schools seems to enjoy the coaching side of things.
I bought into the dream bought my season ticket for the first time in a couple of years and its been up and down. At the moment we have to roll with the punches.

Not true. I only harass TBM and DBM (same person) for his arrogance in abusing anyone who disagrees with him. I have accepted several times that when on an even keel he makes some good points. I rarely abuse Cooper because he is not nasty to people.

55 minutes ago, waysider said:

TBM, one of the things you posted on was the driving out of Watt. At the Q and A the Chairman took this on and said (convincingly to me) that Watt by his actions took himself out. By implication you are saying that TW was lying.

Presumably we'll have had compensation for both Watt and Cadden?

Guest LonglivetheKING
27 minutes ago, waysider said:

Not true. I only harass TBM and DBM (same person) for his arrogance in abusing anyone who disagrees with him. I have accepted several times that when on an even keel he makes some good points. I rarely abuse Cooper because he is not nasty to people.

Not true.

You obsess and you stalk them or him.  You are trying to stop and contol every outbreak of dialogue on every Airdrie thread.

In your time on here you have contributed nothing but waffle and even I can see you are trying to  start a fight in an empty house for the umpteenth time.

Seriously give it a break. If you are a genuine Airdrie fan take a step back and give us all a break and do not start another war with destroyed or touched by madness.

LONGlive the KING. You're totally wrong. Because I've nothing else to do I have gone back as far as page 194 and apart from disagreeing briefly with one poster, wouldn't call it a fight, I have only taken issue with TBM. You can look further back if you like but I don't think you will find much, certainly not " trying to stop and control every outbreak of dialogue".

I am an Airdrie supporter so if it's ok with you I'll continue to post. I do, however, plead guilty to disliking TBM for reasons set out before but I'll take your advice and ignore him in future.

I hope Dalziel suggests loan signings becoming available to mcbride if anyone out their that mcbride wants on loan. Out off interest how many players did mcbride sign after being appointed interm boss. I might be wrong but is it not Conroy Daly Schmidt Russell Ryan Boetang that mcbride signed. Mcbride is not completly blameless however im willing to give the guy a chance he is young and has been thrown in the deep end.

8 hours ago, Cooper81 said:

I hope Dalziel suggests loan signings becoming available to mcbride if anyone out their that mcbride wants on loan. Out off interest how many players did mcbride sign after being appointed interm boss. I might be wrong but is it not Conroy Daly Schmidt Russell Ryan Boetang that mcbride signed. Mcbride is not completly blameless however im willing to give the guy a chance he is young and has been thrown in the deep end.

EWB was quoted as due to fly to Dublin to see a player around the time of his stroke.  Would it be wrong to presume that was Daly?   

You omitted Leitch and Scullion from your list.

Schmidt was watched by the club during King and EWBs reign.

Russell did not fit the profile of players we were looking for.    But he has a strong link with the other half of the board.    

Up until a few weeks ago the club had always insisted that EWB was being used as a consultant.   Then after a fuss on here their was an insistence that McBride was in full control.   After that public statement McBride had 1 game in charge at Alloa where we won.   And before Saturday's dismal loss he was handed a new "minder".

Thats whats the club has to reavaluate EWB had his plans in place which were agreedeed with TW. Conditions like no loan signings, no older players, being known as a team that plays good football. For me when someone else is put in charge all those decisions need to be reavaluated and some fans would say if mcbride isnt happy with those conditions he shouldnt take the job. However if your 35 out of work and get offered the job of managing under those conditions a lot of people would take the job.

I agree that we need to look at loan signings if that is the only way of bringing new players into the club. I know it is something TW is set against but if his plans aren't working out he needs to come and go a bit with his previous thinking.

Thats whats the club has to reavaluate EWB had his plans in place which were agreedeed with TW. Conditions like no loan signings, no older players, being known as a team that plays good football. For me when someone else is put in charge all those decisions need to be reavaluated and some fans would say if mcbride isnt happy with those conditions he shouldnt take the job. However if your 35 out of work and get offered the job of managing under those conditions a lot of people would take the job.

When was McBride out of a job, was he not coaching the u20s.

I just feel with the lack of experience there should have been more experience round about. He's allegedly got a voice he's the one in charge he should be saying to anyone who would listen this isn't working. And this is how I'm going to change it. But if he thinks things are going ok, something different needs to happen now

Archived