Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2016

Told this forum on several occasions bud 

1 your a part time club simple 

2 you need a stable board room not there at present

3 you need stable management team in place ASAP not there at present 

4 Airdrie got rid of better players in the summer than they have now  Fact 

5  You have a Guy wants to run the club and pick the players at the same time never never works we have a Chairman at Alloa who takes nothing to do with the players  ( managers job)

6 you have players at the club only for the money 

7 Airdrie are a top 4 side if they get there act together 

The club are in a total mess and if it not sorted soon then I think you could become involved in  a bottom half battle 

The full team where very poor to nite vs a poor Peterhead side 

It must be really really upsetting to see what going on at your club 

The wrong people will ruin you club simple 

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Wasps1 said:

5  You have a Guy wants to run the club and pick the players at the same time never never works we have a Chairman at Alloa who takes nothing to do with the players  ( managers job)

The club are in a total mess and if it not sorted soon then I think you could become involved in  a bottom half battle 

You make a lot of good valid points.

Point 1-  I wanted us to have the majority squad made up of full time players with 4 or 5 strong part time players so there was decent depth within the squad.

Point 2- Stable board, possibly  i dont know if TW has the Ballantynes full backing who are normally 100% supportive and normally very loyal to managers.

Point 3-  McBride wont feel stable with Dalziel being brought in and hasnt been able to bring in his own assistant or coach.

Point 4- Your correct some fans were nieve and assumed we would sign a better squad we dont have the same depth within the squad.

Point 5- I agree 100% ask the manager what he needs and let him do his job.

Point 6-  I don't think i agree on this one however i feel some players are capable of more.

Point 7- If we had won tonight we could have been potentially 4 points of the top ( TW should have made his decision on what he was doing within the 2 weeks we didnt have a game).

For me we had a chairman who didnt have money to throw at the club but was similar to the Alloa chairman allowed the managers to get on with their jobs. We now have a chairman who has money but is chopping and changing and with no stability at the club it  brings unrest within the squad and management its only naturall.

Who are the players at the club just for the money.
Can't argue with your points !

Stop posting sense please.

I am actually sticking up for McBride i feel the way he is being treated is a joke. McBride has been restricted in what he can and can't do and for me which should be provided with more support which I previously noted. TW appointed King and he has now brought in Dalziel. McBride can't even make comments now on team selection etc

How can you stick up for McBride.
What proof do you have he's been restricted.
King initially was a breath of fresh air on the face of it but underneath was a fucking disaster.
McBride can't comment because he probably can't because he knows he's losing his job.
The club needs to be overhauled I don't care who does it. It needs to happen, there will sadly be casualties.

3 minutes ago, carlukediamond said:

King initially was a breath of fresh air on the face of it but underneath was a fucking disaster.
McBride can't comment because he probably can't because he knows he's losing his job.
The club needs to be overhauled I don't care who does it. It needs to happen, there will sadly be casualties.

They need a strong Ceo in to sort the mess out yes there will be casualties but so be it . The club comes first . Before its too late 

9 minutes ago, Wasps1 said:

The wage bill is one of the highest in the div 

Whether this is true or not, you are actually just saying stuff you think is correct and presenting it as fact. You won't have a clue what anyone's on and you'll no doubt have no evidence that TW wants to pick the team as you suggested previously. 

This thread already has an idiot, we don't need two thanks. 

8 minutes ago, carlukediamond said:

He hasn't been able to bring in expierenced assistant.

Isn't allowed any loan signings or part time players ( though we have scullion on loan from hamilton)

Do i feel the club have gave 100% backing to McBride no chance and is being made the fall guy. The chairman said no loan signings why do we have scullion on loan then. The chairman said no part time players. The chairman agreeded the contract of Hugo on a 2 year deal and also appointed KIng which was a very bad appoitment. 

22 minutes ago, airdrieman said:

Has James Daly been binned? Injured? Not that he'd have made any difference whatsoever to the team or the result but just curious as didn't notice him on the bench.

You are asking the wrong question. What happened to 2 1/2 year contract Hugo Faria. Not been seen. Supposedly helping the youngsters.....to their worst performances in living memory. Daly is a side note in this shambles. Contract for Fitzpatrick? Just weird.

I'd like to know how much of an influence the Ballantynes still have at the club, and what kind of relationship they have with Wotherspoon. They're still on the board and Jim is vice-chairman so they must have some sort of input.  

There must be growing concern within the Ballantyne family about the way the club is being run. Wotherspoon is majority shareholder, but does that give him the right to run the club entirely as he sees fit?

Is he consulting Jim and the board of directors on any decisions being made at the club or is he just doing his own thing? 

Archived