Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2016

That's a really poor attempt at a derogatory post.   

But I don't expect too much from a low calibre poster like you Kennbhoy1978.

Unless of course the post you replied to offended you personally?

I'll accept low calibre poster, I was never any good at English or making a good point for that matter.

Just don't buy into "They are trying to control you" or "Mr X is running the show" I'm not into conspiracy theories at all.

Why the Bhoy in the name by the way ?

Edit: Bah, spelling again.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

"H*ns" being used in the fanzine- fair play they apologised and I don't particularly care if folk use it. But I do care when they wouldn't dream or referring to Celtic fans by a derogatory term.

Fat sally, sevco (some cheek with our past) etc etc

To reiterate I don't care what terms you use about that side but the refusal to use equivalents about others means I take issue.

Surely most of those terms were used in relation to games played against Rangers. We've played them, what, 6 times in recent years but I can't remember (Maybe the 1-0 Marvyn Wilson Penalty rebound) the last time we played Celtic. Most of the terminology used on here or other internet sites is to try and get a rise out of other posters. I think you're reading to much into it.

TBM, if you're going to pretend to be someone else you'll need to learn some new words. The use of the word 'stalking' and calling a poster by slightly the wrong name are old traits.

That having been said, can you explain the last sentence in your post about me. How can I save the Club a Dalziel inquiry by agreeing with some other posters? I'm sure you'll point out I'm thick but I genuinely would like to understand that comment.

Surely most of those terms were used in relation to games played against Rangers. We've played them, what, 6 times in recent years but I can't remember (Maybe the 1-0 Marvyn Wilson Penalty rebound) the last time we played Celtic. Most of the terminology used on here or other internet sites is to try and get a rise out of other posters. I think you're reading to much into it.

Maybe some truth in that as well But I just think some folk would think twice before they used similar terms to refer to Celtic fans or be more worried about a negative reaction for doing so.

3 minutes ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

Maybe some truth in that as well But I just think some folk would think twice before they used similar terms to refer to Celtic fans or be more worried about a negative reaction for doing so.

You're right TCK.   I understand where you're comimg from.  We should be balanced and not using either of thoses side's slang or whatever.   

Chairman wanting fans to back the team is hardly earth shattering news.

I think some of the decisions he has made are questionable to say the least but I do believe each decision has been made with the best of intentions, perhaps not with the outcome he would have hoped for. Full time, ravernscraig etc all seemed like positive steps to me and perhaps in the longer term they will be but in the short term we haven't moved forward.

I always go back to what is the alternative. Who would want to invest in a lower league Scottish football team? It's a thankless task.

Conspiracy theories?   The chairman asked the happyclappers to drown out the dissenters.    How is that a conspiracy?

You seem think that all these other fans are somehow controlled by Wotherspoon, King, Black, Love et al.

Maybe these other fans couldn't give two flying ducks about what happens off the pitch. They pay their £16/ season book ticket to watch a game and then go home and cry after another defeat.

So why does that make them any less of a fan than you are ?

That also does not mean you are any less of a fan because you ask questions, fair play to you if I'm honest. Sometimes it appears that if you don't like the answer it must be a total lie and the chairman is pulling the wool over our eyes.

Have I missed something while I was on holiday? All I can see is that we have brought in a relic of a manager to conduct an internal audit of our operations, am I right in saying this is what has caused the clusterfuck of meltdowns on here? I have just tried to read through the last 3 or 4 pages and can honestly say I have no idea what is going on.............

54 minutes ago, Kennboy1978 said:

Sometimes it appears that if you don't like the answer it must be a total lie and the chairman is pulling the wool over our eyes.

Many on here have questioned moves and decisions for the past year and guess what?   We have "The Dalziel Enquiry".

You're not an Airdrie fan KennBhoy.   Stop kidding on you are.  

20 hours ago, catcoach said:

GD was also there at one particular club, but didn't spend much of the time viewing coaching sessions. I often wondered why he never spent more time in senior management - certainly at the level your club competes - instead of landing a nice wee number...

What do you mean by this, it's not making sense to me.

Are you slating Dalziel for not seeming interested? 

Or

Are you saying he's some kind of genius?

You're not an Airdrie fan KennBhoy.   Stop kidding on you are.  

Well we can wait to see what that brings, you never know.

I can assure you I am. 30 odd years of pain and an even more painful, now illegal, tattoo to show for it.

All I can see is that we have brought in a relic of a manager to conduct an internal audit of our operations, am I right in saying this is what has caused the clusterfuck of meltdowns on here?

In a nutshell, yes.

Not Boatengs defending or Russells diving. Roll on Saturday.

7 hours ago, WeeDiamond90 said:

Have I missed something while I was on holiday? All I can see is that we have brought in a relic of a manager to conduct an internal audit of our operations, am I right in saying this is what has caused the clusterfuck of meltdowns on here? I have just tried to read through the last 3 or 4 pages and can honestly say I have no idea what is going on.............

Bang on. The last couple of pages have been a cringey seethefest, in particular the posts on the random sectarian pish and games of guess the poster rearing their head again.

Guest LonglivetheKING
26 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

Bang on. The last couple of pages have been a cringey seethefest, in particular the posts on the random sectarian pish and games of guess the poster rearing their head again.

100% agreed.   

Guest LonglivetheKING
9 hours ago, waysider said:

TBM, if you're going to pretend to be someone else you'll need to learn some new words. The use of the word 'stalking' and calling a poster by slightly the wrong name are old traits.

Do you really have to start this crap again Waysider?  Let the madman rest in peace.

Don't read it then or come up with your own issues for discussion. You seen to be another one in a long line of Airdrie fans these days that regard themselves some form of authority upon which subjects should or should not be discussed and what opinions are or are not acceptable to hold.

Archived