Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2016

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The timing of Saturday's game has the potential to be comedy gold. Will be watching Alba with the sound down & the radio up waiting on someone calling the phone in to ask 'one cell'   Dalziel to get Boetang/Gorman/ Fitzy off if big Rory is taking them to the cleaners. 

If GD is on Clyde Saturday the baw is burst , bring back Peat all is forgiven 

13 hours ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

Most of our fans these days are so desperate to demonstrate that we are not like we used to be that they adopt the language of the other side

Which other side are you referring to?  Ayr? Partick? Motherwell? Dunfermline?

I'm not aware of any of our rivals having a definable "language" which is different from ours (speaking as an Airdrie fan).

It's amazing how quickly people change and others clam up.

I had a dig at some complainants last week for moaning on the internet but not taking the chance to ask TW to his face at the public Q and A's.

However on reflection I was out of order. Thinking back to the First Q and A there were only 2 people asked TW any uncomfortable questions but the rest of the happy clapping sycophants in attendance tried to stifle any questioning of the leader by orchestrating a public witch hunt shouting over anyone who deviated from the party line.

No wonder few other people feel comfortable to go and ask questions or try and get accountability. I doubt those same 2 will be asking questions at the next Q and A seen as one now works for the club and the other won't enter the establishment it's being held.

The way loads of happy clapping sycophants were so easily convinced of TW's worth by talk of Full Time football and sitting amongst the fans was ridiculous. The way these same fans can not accept any dissent is a joke as well.

Now they're nowhere to be seen in defence of a man who could do no wrong just 4 or 5 months ago. Or else they've turned full circle and now think the messiah is the devil.

Which other side are you referring to?  Ayr? Partick? Motherwell? Dunfermline?

I'm not aware of any of our rivals having a definable "language" which is different from ours (speaking as an Airdrie fan).

Trying to distance themselves from being seen as "mini rangers" by actively adopting the language of Celtic fans. Why are you trying to pretend you don't understand the point being made?

5 minutes ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

Trying to distance themselves from being seen as "mini rangers" by actively adopting the language of Celtic fans.

Do you realise half our support and about half the B are RCs who made a better choice than their sheepish peers?   The only thing "mini Rangers" at our club is the pathetic boardroom and especially the chairman's circle of friends.

Do you realise half our support and about half the B are RCs who made a better choice than their sheepish peers?   The only thing "mini Rangers" at our club is the pathetic boardroom and especially the chairman's circle of friends.

Couldn't give a toss what anyone's background is, I give a toss when it's become acceptable amongst some to use language by one side that would never be used about the other in a desperate attempt to show how 'inclusive' we are all now...
I also don't give a toss where the allegiances or pasts of TW's new recruits lie, I care about results.

18 minutes ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

It's amazing how quickly people change and others clam up.

I had a dig at some complainants last week for moaning on the internet but not taking the chance to ask TW to his face at the public Q and A's.

However on reflection I was out of order. Thinking back to the First Q and A there were only 2 people asked TW any uncomfortable questions but the rest of the happy clapping sycophants in attendance tried to stifle any questioning of the leader by orchestrating a public witch hunt shouting over anyone who deviated from the party line.

No wonder few other people feel comfortable to go and ask questions or try and get accountability. I doubt those same 2 will be asking questions at the next Q and A seen as one now works for the club and the other won't enter the establishment it's being held.

The way loads of happy clapping sycophants were so easily convinced of TW's worth by talk of Full Time football and sitting amongst the fans was ridiculous. The way these same fans can not accept any dissent is a joke as well.

Now they're nowhere to be seen in defence of a man who could do no wrong just 4 or 5 months ago. Or else they've turned full circle and now think the messiah is the devil.

The Q+As have been a joke for years, a long time before they lied to you last time TCK.

You'll never get a straight answer out of anyone because they just want you there to control you.   Last time they told you blantant lies but his circle of fan muppets boo and hiss at you.   If you say something they don't like they'll threaten you that they'll walk away and make it look like it's your fault in front of the baying mob.

"It's your fault we don't have a sponsor"

"Mr X has nothing to do with our club"  

"Faria is the equvalent of a 28 year old Scot"

"Liam Watt..."

Oh I pretty much guessed what you were inferring?  I just wanted you to spell it out unambigiously.

So is this "other side" position relative to our reputation as perceived by ill-informed supporters of other clubs, or are you offering it as a contrast to, in your view, the general attitudes, beliefs and identity of the Airdrie support & club?

Speaking only for myself, in over 40 years of self-identifying as an Airdrie fan I've never viewed it as a reflection of my religious identity, ethnicity or politics so I don't feel I need to distance myself from anything.

As for the statement of "adopting the language of Celtic fans", they probably use phrases like "I'll have a pint please" and "this Scotland team is shite" as well but it doesn't mean I'm trying to sound like them.

I've only been at one Q and A and I can recall the first questioner being more or less shouted down by the rest of the audience. I was annoyed at him not because he was being critical of TW but because he was asking a question which I, and I'm sure others, wasn't remotely interested in (why sign Lithgow in view of his past). I had come to the meeting to hear about the plans for the future and I'm sure others felt the same.

If there is another Q and A there will surely be harder questioning as a lot has gone wrong. We will then be in a better position to see if TW accepts mistakes have been made. I think this will be the time to judge him.

6 minutes ago, waysider said:

I've only been at one Q and A and I can recall the first questioner being more or less shouted down by the rest of the audience. I was annoyed at him not because he was being critical of TW but because he was asking a question which I, and I'm sure others, wasn't remotely interested in (why sign Lithgow in view of his past). I had come to the meeting to hear about the plans for the future and I'm sure others felt the same.

So you and the "others" get to set the agenda?

If there is another Q and A there will surely be harder questioning as a lot has gone wrong. We will then be in a better position to see if TW accepts mistakes have been made. I think this will be the time to judge him.

Exactly - you and other happy clappers deem it not to be an issue ( despite it generating scores if not hundreds of posts on here and Facebook) so it hasn't to be spoken about because you don't agree it's an issue. Who decides when something is an issue to be discussed?

I don't think it's for you to decide if I'm a happy clapper. You don't know me. I had mixed feelings about the Chairman after that Q and A. He came over as being unduly sensitive to criticism and his failure to accept that it went with the territory was puzzling. However, I gave him the benefit of the doubt as he was using his own money to try something new. If that makes me a happy clapper, so be it.

As I said earlier because of the things which have gone wrong TW's performance at a future Q and A will be illuminating.

11 minutes ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

Exactly - you and other happy clappers deem it not to be an issue ( despite it generating scores if not hundreds of posts on here and Facebook) so it hasn't to be spoken about because you don't agree it's an issue. Who decides when something is an issue to be discussed?

He seems to be doing the same booing and hissing of good posts on here too.   

Waysider appeared on here a few months back and all he's done is obsess over one particular poster who, like yourself and too few others, is only interested in the wellbeing of his club and questions all the stupid moves the club make.   

Should Waysider maybe be better listening to the dissenters and maybe save the club a Dalziel inquiry rather than stalking enlightened fans? 

Archived