Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2016

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As said on the previous page, we were poor n the 2nd half and Livingston deserved the win.

Only 2 grumps:-

1. We never seemed to win a second ball in their box when we had a corner/free kick/cross

2. The attendance was terrible. 5 wins on the bounce and that's all we can get? Very frustrating.

As said on the previous page, we were poor n the 2nd half and Livingston deserved the win.

Only 2 grumps:-

1. We never seemed to win a second ball in their box when we had a corner/free kick/cross

2. The attendance was terrible. 5 wins on the bounce and that's all we can get? Very frustrating.

Missed an opportunity yesterday to try and get a bigger crowd by reducing the price, could have dropped it to £12-£13.

23 minutes ago, carlukediamond said:

Missed an opportunity yesterday to try and get a bigger crowd by reducing the price, could have dropped it to £12-£13.

Good suggestion, as playing a team in the same league won't appeal to the fans who sometimes deliberate on whether to go or not.

Watched back the highlights.   just how bad is Bombscare?   

Livi had way too much space on the right side of our box.  Russell does nothing to win the out ball from McIntosh initially,  McIntosh doesn't do nearly enough to track Cadden,  but what was Boateng not closing down the danger.   He doesnt move during that 15 second phase of play, is marking no one either.   That's just poor.

Second goal he gets totally owned by Mullen.   How many times at corners does he get bossed?    The guy is just utterly hopeless.

Boateng really should've had a 2nd yellow when he went into the back of Mullen and knocked him flat, Cook brought him over and told him that was his last warning but it was def a yellow card offence. He was clumsy and awkward looking whenever he was put under pressure, didn't look comfortable at all in that game.

Boateng really should've had a 2nd yellow when he went into the back of Mullen and knocked him flat, Cook brought him over and told him that was his last warning but it was def a yellow card offence. He was clumsy and awkward looking whenever he was put under pressure, didn't look comfortable at all in that game.

Totally agree he should have had a second yellow.

He's played well the last 5 games but yesterday was woefully inadequate. Just a day to forget

Hutton on loan for a month.

Thank you Airdrie. Good luck, you'll need it.

Uh oh.

A quick search confirms that there has not been a positive post made on P&B about this fella in the last couple of years.

I'm sure Mark "The Special One" Wilson and Gordon "The Saviour" Dalziel will turn him into a Sergio Busquets-esque holding midfielder in no time.

3 minutes ago, Diamond Oracle said:

Uh oh.

A quick search confirms that there has not been a positive post made on P&B about this fella in the last couple of years.

I'm sure Mark "The Special One" Wilson and Gordon "The Saviour" Dalziel will turn him into a Sergio Busquets-esque holding midfielder in no time.

I have no idea of his pros and cons but given he had 30 games at QOTS beside Russell and Conroy, I'm hopeful that connection may prove indicitive of his worth?

23 minutes ago, DestroyedByMadness said:

I have no idea of his pros and cons but given he had 30 games at QOTS beside Russell and Conroy, I'm hopeful that connection may prove indicitive of his worth?

Can't pretend to know much about him and don't really give two hoots about what other fans say about a player, however, stats look like he's on the downward trajectory and he's only 25.

Let's see how he does though. As you say, linking up with some players he knows might prove a positive for the lad.

14 minutes ago, Pesadilla said:

Can't pretend to know much about him and don't really give two hoots about what other fans say about a player, however, stats look like he's on the downward trajectory and he's only 25.

Let's see how he does though. As you say, linking up with some players he knows might prove a positive for the lad.

Fact that they've likely recommended him suggests to me his skillset is what we need?

Seriously what are folk expecting. We clearly need a centre midfielder and have acted quickly to bring one in. Given that we are restricted to loans or free agents, I would suggest someone like Hutton fits the bill.

Last few years look concerning but we are never going to bring in the finished article on the budget we have.

Archived