Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2016

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mybitchunderprotest. You may be right that it was a personal matter rather than discipline but I took from the comment that he wasn't dropped for playing reasons.

I think that anyone who heard the comment took it to mean non football reasons. Still doesn't mean disciplinary issues though and to start suggesting that as fact may be doing everyone a disservice.

Be interesting to see how many, if any, signings we make in January. Everyone has always said that our squad is too thin and Fitzpatrick being out for the rest of the season highlights this even more. Another couple of injuries, plus suspensions, and we'll be seriously struggling to put a team out.

With a few additions, even if they are just decent cover, we have a shot at winning the league. And with St Mirren likely to come down you'd think this year would be a better opportunity than next, particulary if we aren't able to hold on to Ryan. Will the club push the boat out a bit to get there this season, or sit tight and take our chances in the play-offs? My money would be on the second option and thats totally fair enough given we have no money and the uncertainty over the EWB payment situation. Livi admitted at the start of the season that they were overpaying this year on the gamble that they will get promotion, I'd rather we didn't resort to that kind of stupidity.

Be interesting to see how many, if any, signings we make in January. Everyone has always said that our squad is too thin and Fitzpatrick being out for the rest of the season highlights this even more. Another couple of injuries, plus suspensions, and we'll be seriously struggling to put a team out.

With a few additions, even if they are just decent cover, we have a shot at winning the league. And with St Mirren likely to come down you'd think this year would be a better opportunity than next, particulary if we aren't able to hold on to Ryan. Will the club push the boat out a bit to get there this season, or sit tight and take our chances in the play-offs? My money would be on the second option and thats totally fair enough given we have no money and the uncertainty over the EWB payment situation. Livi admitted at the start of the season that they were overpaying this year on the gamble that they will get promotion, I'd rather we didn't resort to that kind of stupidity.

Has it been confirmed Fitzpatrick is out for the season.

And we're safe in the knowledge that Ryan is on a 2yr deal so someone would have to pay descent money for him if they want him.

15 minutes ago, carlukediamond said:

Has it been confirmed Fitzpatrick is out for the season.

And we're safe in the knowledge that Ryan is on a 2yr deal so someone would have to pay descent money for him if they want him.

He said his acl needs repaired, I took that to mean it's torn, which is a 9-12 month job. Also, don't know whether the club pay for treatment or whether players will have to wait on NHS. Look at how long John Boyle was out with his acl injury.

We'd obviously get money for Ryan but it's still unlikely we'd be able to replace him with a player of similar calibre.

Just now, Cooper81 said:

Still here waysider :-)

Couldn't make the game today as I was working, wasn't to fussed we lost the league has to be our priority. Not very much has been said about today's match.

Try the domestic cup forum. There's a thread on it. To summarise, thought we played well(ish) first half but Livi deserved the win in the end and we were poor for a lot of the second. 

Archived