Teams calling off games.

Just been thinking, as some teams have been left with massive backlogs of fixtures, is there no way the S.J.F.A. can get a grip of teams erroneously calling off fixtures, claiming the pitch is flooded etc when it's really they don't want the fixtures played as they have a large injury list/ players away on a stag do etc? it's getting beyond a joke. Sometimes we have a whole dry, kinda warm week but teams still claiming the pitch is flooded. Do the S.J.F.A. never investigate when this happens, like send a ref doon to double check an inspection done by the club which they know will be a load of pish? Teams are calling off when there's games of cricket goin on all over Scotland, a game you know requires very dry pitches.

You have any proof of this going on or are you just listening to heresay? For instance our park was perfectly playable at the time of kick off last night but by the 2nd half had a few lying patches of water & would have been called off if the game had started at that point

Only a referee can call a game off,not the club

I believe a club can call a game off themselves Lang without a referee inspecting the pitch. I maybe wrong but I think the rule that a referee had to inspect the pitch to call it off changed a while back. Don't quote me though.

I believe a club can call a game off themselves Lang without a referee inspecting the pitch. I maybe wrong but I think the rule that a referee had to inspect the pitch to call it off changed a while back. Don't quote me though.

Think it's all about common sense mate . If there's 3 inches of snow/ a total week long monsoon / hardened frost all week then clubs can make a common sense call.

If other games are on over the country then maybe the scope could zoom in and an enquiry is needed but no evidence at all to suggest any clubs are " at it " for Me.

Think it's all about common sense mate . If there's 3 inches of snow/ a total week long monsoon / hardened frost all week then clubs can make a common sense call.

If other games are on over the country then maybe the scope could zoom in and an enquiry is needed but no evidence at all to suggest any clubs are " at it " for Me.

Yeah I understand what you mean mate. I think clubs make there own decision now as it costs the club to ask a referee to come and inspect the pitch so if there is any doubt most clubs will put it off themselves to prevent the cost. Another factor in this is you can ask for an inspection and a referee, who will most likely not be the match referee, turns up and says the pitch is playable. Then a couple of hours later the match referee turns up, as does the visiting team and the referee postpones the match then I believe the club has to pay expenses to the travelling team. Could be a costly day so I don't think clubs take the chance anymore and make the decision themselves. There's no doubt clubs have done this for their own personal gain due to injuries etc but don't think it's as common as people think. Most clubs want matches played as you say.

Ants called off a cup game a few years back due to 'no hot water' when playing Pollok. Take from that what you will
,,,,,,u must be a real referee,,as ure talking shite,,,, the ants have never called off a game,,, typically referee making up pish

,,,,,,u must be a real referee,,as ure talking shite,,,, the ants have never called off a game,,, typically referee making up pish

Don't worry about him, cotter. He's the only guy on here who thought Mark Duffy's red card was justified on Monday night.  8)

aye

You have any proof of this going on or are you just listening to heresay? For instance our park was perfectly playable at the time of kick off last night but by the 2nd half had a few lying patches of water & would have been called off if the game had started at that pointay

aye mate, I've got proof but I'm no a grass. Aye certain clubs out there know who I'm talking about. aye you

aye

aye mate, I've got proof but I'm no a grass. Aye certain clubs out there know who I'm talking about. aye you

Cmon

Ye can't have folk hanging out like that

Know it used to happen back in the day but there are too many internet snoops for it to go on these days

Archived