The 3rd Chapter. (Accies 2016/2017 Thread)

I personally like sowah and seaborne. Imo Brophy has got a great finish on him as demonstrated in the 2-2 at Firhil earlier in the season he just doesn't get enough chances. Sarris has room for improvement but is a not bad defender. This window it is vital we get some players in but to be honest we will probably just do our usual sign some randomer who plays about 3 games and has 0 impact signing. 

Wow I really wanted sowah to stay I thought he was a very competent player. Does anyone know if he was offered a new deal but turned it down or did we just let his contract run and wave goodbye? Also anyone heard anything on the bringing players in front?

23 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

All 3 of those players you've mentioned were garbage.

That's what I was saying that we sign these foreigners who play a handful of games, make zero impact and end up on the release list come the end of the season. I could also add Nico Sumsky to the list. he played one game and spent the rest of his time with on loan with someone in league 1 I think and then… dun dun dun… got released.

*Here comes the rant*
Sumsky came on in a TV game against Aberdeen, failed on loan at Airdrie, then he was released.
Diaby had a bit more game-time (6 appearances), but that was just more time to see just how bad he was.
Agustien was a fat b*****d who had one cameo sub appearance, then was never seen again after he walked off injured in his second game.
Roy missed a great chance against Killie in his only first team appearance. Then spent the rest of his time barely playing for the Development Team, and when he did, he was atrocious.
Congo Chris came on against Annan, but never made another appearance from the bench again.
These aren't the only ones, by the way! Our signing policy is embarrassingly bad; how many of these unknowns have come good? I thought Sowah might've, but that's obviously not gonna happen. An argument could perhaps be made for Kurtaj. Perhaps. Maybe Lucas?
I've seen the comparisons being made with our last relegation, and there are definite parallels: we'd only won 2 games by the New Year that season, we've surrendered countless leads (as we did then), we have had another merry-go-round of players, and we're relying on one player (Crawford) to keep us up - as we had with Imrie last time.

I think we should look to the loan market. I mean look at our budget it's a more realistic way of finding some real talent instead of investing in another foreign dud. Is Morris available as I would love to get him back. Maybe have a look at some of the Celtic youngsters to get on loan. And accies1874 is right this has the 2010/11 season written all over it. Crawford has to stay.

I'm reliably informed that Sowah was after too much money. Sad to see him go. Mcmann has looked good but we clearly need another left back. And a right back. Plus another centre half. Not forgetting an attacking midfielder. Oh and another goal scorer would be nice.

3 hours ago, Owsley said:

I'm reliably informed that Sowah was after too much money. Sad to see him go. Mcmann has looked good but we clearly need another left back. And a right back. Plus another centre half. Not forgetting an attacking midfielder. Oh and another goal scorer would be nice.

Have you heard any rumours? Anything linking us with someone?

The fact that even at this stage, Canning (or whoever picks the team) doesn't know who his strongest eleven is one of the major factors in why things are as bad as they are just now. No wonder Brophy isn't playing well when one week he's in then the next he's out. An absolute shambles from top to bottom.

Just now, Bert Raccoon said:

The fact that even at this stage, Canning (or whoever picks the team) doesn't know who his strongest eleven is one of the major factors in why things are as bad as they are just now. No wonder Brophy isn't playing well when one week he's in then the next he's out. An absolute shambles from top to bottom.

Well considering we have today released Sowah who I personally thought was a great player we are in desperate need of a left back.