The 3rd Chapter. (Accies 2016/2017 Thread)

Sarris is suspended for Perth anyway but two huge games after that where we need all hands to the pump. Wasn't there today but the clean sheet should give us some confidence at the back. Looks like young Mcmann is a reliable player. With Seaborne in reserve we may be ok but a couple of signings would be nice.

I couldn't attend today's match but for those who were there how did we play? Did we deserve the win? What players played well? The radio said that Bingham had a positive impact off the bench.

He did coming on for - the again ineffective - Brophy.

2nd sub looked wrong initially, thought Imrie should have made way for Longridge not D'Acol but then Louis wouldn't have been up front to chase a lost cause to win us the corner in lead up to the pen.

Hey ho.

6 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

One thing I'd like to see us do more often is look to the lower leagues in Scotland for players rather than the random foreigner route we often go down. I'm thinking specifically of the boy at Stirling, Bikey. Fair enough, he's being linked with bigger clubs but we don't ever seem to even be in the conversation for being in for these players.

Completely agree! I don't how many times I've told my mates at accies games how frustrating it is we never go for Scottish talent or even look to the lower leagues! But instead we take the gamble every window of singing unknown foreigners like Diaby, Agustien and Roy? 

1 hour ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Yeah, I think he'll be away in the summer regardless.

One thing I'd like to see us do more often is look to the lower leagues in Scotland for players rather than the random foreigner route we often go down. I'm thinking specifically of the boy at Stirling, Bikey. Fair enough, he's being linked with bigger clubs but we don't ever seem to even be in the conversation for being in for these players.

Bikey seems to be completely different class for the bottom two leagues and may be worth a £40k punt. That's what it will apparently cost to buy him from Dieppe. He's playing as an amateur just now & training with Dundee Utd.  

Never went to the game today as I thought we would get beat. I instead went to Currly's bar to watch my big team beat motherwell 2-1 but big Dougie txt me the score saying accies won and I thought haw king kebab out spice of life. Just saw the highlights on sportscene and went daft, bouncing of the walls untill Jean upstairs banged the ceiling. a shouted Haw big Rakish scored n she replied fck off Roland. I'll make her a pat the morra.

There's something there with Bingham, he has his moments, and with time will hopefully improve and become more consistent. However we need to sign another striker for the time being.  

I thought Donati was quite solid yesterday, and thought he played better there, than in the defensive midfield position. 

Agree with Brophy, see what happens in the summer and go from there.

We were alright yesterday, but let's not pretend this is some sort of turning point. We scraped by a team who surprisingly actually looked worse than us. We still need two full backs and a striker and we need to seriously look at Dougie Imrie and decide if he should still be first name on the team sheet every week because although he puts his everything into the game, his legs can't carry him anymore and he's becoming a liability on the park.