Playing for 3rd?

THEMOLE91

With the season near completion the transfer rumour mill is already in overdrive with regards to the Ayrshire Premier league. By all accounts Thistle and Shortlees will be the teams to beat. Is this going to be a 2 horse race and is it "play for 3rd" for the other 10 teams? I predict domination for these two next season so where does that leave other established clubs such as Clark Drive, Carrick, Galston United, Tarbolton etc? I have watched most premier clubs this season and unless there is some serious recruitment for these teams they will struggle to compete. Please don't turn this into "whoever spends the most" etc. The topic should be about how these teams are going to compete v "The Big 2"!

Amateur football is a funny game, it can all change in the blink of an eye. No one knows who will sign for who wether that be shortlees, Hurlford, Clark drive or glenburn so I wouldn't go predicting just yet. What I do know is that inconsistencies with form and player availability sometimes determines the fate come the latter stages. I would just wait and see.

Amateur football is a funny game, it can all change in the blink of an eye. No one knows who will sign for who wether that be shortlees, Hurlford, Clark drive or glenburn so I wouldn't go predicting just yet. What I do know is that inconsistencies with form and player availability sometimes determines the fate come the latter stages. I would just wait and see.

All the respect in the world as the Drive are an honest amateur side but they can't be put in the same bracket as the other 3 with regards to signing players. Hurlford and Glenburn use the chequebook and Shortlees have the best two players in amateur football at the moment

Why is Clark drive getting there peckers pulled here , " honest team " " good side on there day " ... Poor side regularly this season and the last few seasons , odd cup win but make oot as if there world beaters ... Try being consistent week in week out and make a real challenge for the title , then and only then will they be a " good side "

An average side who will finish 2nd this year, are in the semi final of the Ayrshire and one of only two teams to have beat Shortlees this season?

Fair enough they might not have been impressive agaist KSC but at this stage of the season with the amount of games to be played it's only about a result.

Why is Clark drive getting there peckers pulled here , " honest team " " good side on there day " ... Poor side regularly this season and the last few seasons , odd cup win but make oot as if there world beaters ... Try being consistent week in week out and make a real challenge for the title , then and only then will they be a " good side "

No one is pulling their pecker! They have played second fiddle to a side spending thousands for years yet remained honest and didn't pay a player a brass farthing! Honest teams without the best players are going to be inconsistent and cheats who pay will always be consistent because for every one of their players who can't make a Saturday for whatever reason, they bring in one equally as good! I have followed Shortlees all season and only Clark Drive have beat them and gave them a game in Ayrshire so that says a lot

No one is pulling their pecker! They have played second fiddle to a side spending thousands for years yet remained honest and didn't pay a player a brass farthing! Honest teams without the best players are going to be inconsistent and cheats who pay will always be consistent because for every one of their players who can't make a Saturday for whatever reason, they bring in one equally as good! I have followed Shortlees all season and only Clark Drive have beat them and gave them a game in Ayrshire so that says a lot

Clark drive are brutal dry your eyes ya mad knicker sniffer

I watched glenburn for the first time tonight and was massively disappointed with what I saw, don't know if they had call offs or not. All they done was play the long ball up, looked shakey at the back and to top it off it's the first team I have ever seen cheering when the game got abandoned with 15 mins left. Wouldn't see them challenging shortlees or Hurlford next year

The referee got injured with 15 minutes to go. The score was tied at 0-0. Pretty even game IMO. Glenburn definitely a premier standard team with some good players and will make an impact next season.

Last night was the worst I have seen glenburn this season whether players missing or tough game sat with 9 men we should have been better than we showed last night against an average Troon side at best but will keep going and put it right next game I am sure.

Mentions of Galston and Clark drive for "3rd place" next season. Going on how they have performed overall this season I cannot see any of them finishing in 3rd place. Galston have struggled a lot this season and don't look the team they once were. Clark Drive are a a decent enough side with a great set up. In order for them to finish 3rd next season they will need a few additions. Hurlford 100% paying there players, it has yet to be seen if Shortless are but fair play to them on their achievement of winning the west. Both Hurlford and Shortless will be fighting it out next season I would think. Tarbolton or West Kilbride AFC to finish in 3rd place next season behind the big boys.

Mentions of Galston and Clark drive for "3rd place" next season. Going on how they have performed overall this season I cannot see any of them finishing in 3rd place. Galston have struggled a lot this season and don't look the team they once were. Clark Drive are a a decent enough side with a great set up. In order for them to finish 3rd next season they will need a few additions. Hurlford 100% paying there players, it has yet to be seen if Shortless are but fair play to them on their achievement of winning the west. Both Hurlford and Shortless will be fighting it out next season I would think. Tarbolton or West Kilbride AFC to finish in 3rd place next season behind the big boys.

Shortlees are NOT paying

No one mentioned the likes of Galston and Clark Drive WOULD finish 3rd. The thread is about stating that surely all these established premier teams only have 3rd to play for with the emergence of Shortlees and the consistency of Hurlford. The thread was to provoke discussion that possibly the only success that the rest of the premier teams would have is in West and Scottish cups as I expect these two teams to dominate their own league and Ayrshire Cup.

I agree with Pique856 in terms of how poor Galston United have been this season, watched them a few times and latterly in a semi-final in which they were a beaten team before the game with no motivation and they are a shadow of their former self, Clark Drive are always very consistent, and Carrick and WK have had really good seasons. Put Tarbolton, Mossblown and Dirrans into the mix and the premier race for third will be more exciting that the toss of a coin that will crown the champions.

Archived