Splitting Cables

Ive recently had Virgin installed in my house but no tv cable, just the broadband. Was looking at splitting the cable but has anyone had any problems doing so with regards speed drops etc?

What do you mean by splitting the cable?

Why would you split the cable if you only have broadband?

I would be splitting the broadband cable so that one of the wires went into the superhub, and the other would be going into the back of a new 'tv' box (wink, wink)

I would be splitting the broadband cable so that one of the wires went into the superhub, and the other would be going into the back of a new 'tv' box (wink, wink)

What box have you gone for? My KV has just gone down and word is it won't be back in the foreseeable future  :(

Splitting the cable should be fine. 

i have no issues with this sort of setup using a splitter

What box have you gone for? My KV has just gone down and word is it won't be back in the foreseeable future :(

Splitting the cable should be fine.

I had a krytpview for years, really liked it but then moved on to a Protek which was a sat box. The 'gift' runs out in October but it was a three year thing so i paid a bit of money for it. Im going to hold off til july/august then get a Zgemma from a company i know. I gave one of my friends their details a while back and he bought one and so far he is over the moon with it. Its a yearly gift however the following years gift is quite cheap

Archived