Tonight's goals & talking points

Exactly and not even talking about my own team here as I know loads of clubs go through this every season but it's just another example of our grade being fucked.

No self respecting grade can ever have this situation .

ï¸Major change needed .

Time to abolish this holiday weekend nonsense. Happens every season. Clubs choose not to play on a good Autumn Saturday then moan about having to play extra games at the end of the season.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember Cambuslang playing 2 games in the one day back in the late '60's.

I would be interested to have details of this as I have heard several times of such an occurance. Not saying it didn't happen, just that details are always very sketchy and I have even heard it said of my own club, Kilsyth Rangers. Having access to over seventy years of records I am pretty confident it did not happen. Closest it came to it was in 1957 when we lost to Baillieston in the S/F of the West of Scotland cup on the thursday evening of the last week of the season with another final already arranged for the saturday.(which we won) I do believe that St Roch did actually play two games in one day in the late 40's or early 50's, can anyone confirm this?

Pollok have had 6 games postponed 5 away 1 at home beith have also had 6 postponed 2 at home 4 away scrap the stupid league cup at beginning of season or start 2 weeks earlier so you can have midweek league games start of season

Totally agree. In the East they have played nearly a 3rd of the season by the time the dark nights come in & as you know they play 30 games . League cup is only played as your smaller teams can get a Wee payday against the bigger teams each season. Teams like Lugar Kello & Muirkirk are never gonna vote not to play Talbot at least once every season . Same in the North with yer Wee teams like Largs playing ourselves ha ha

From 1st November til we played shettleston on 23rd April beith played 3 league games in 5 and a half month there's something seriously wrong there play league cup starting middle July and get league started first week in August or scrap the league cup the only other 2 options I don't like is summer football or even worse 4g pitches

Then beith are now playing 9 league games in 25 days as well as 3 cup games before the biggest game in our history

Excellent posts by the way and 3 league games in 5 and a half months and then 9 league games in 25 days just about sums it all up and how can anyone honestly reading that take our grade seriously?

I would be interested to have details of this as I have heard several times of such an occurance. Not saying it didn't happen, just that details are always very sketchy and I have even heard it said of my own club, Kilsyth Rangers. Having access to over seventy years of records I am pretty confident it did not happen. Closest it came to it was in 1957 when we lost to Baillieston in the S/F of the West of Scotland cup on the thursday evening of the last week of the season with another final already arranged for the saturday.(which we won) I do believe that St Roch did actually play two games in one day in the late 40's or early 50's, can anyone confirm this?

This did happen with Cambuslang. I'm pretty sure one of the teams was lesmahagow. Long time ago obviously , but I'll try & get more detail for you if I can.

aye you're right, 6 postponed games but all away i can't remember any at home this season.

Pollok v Talbot @Newlandsfield on 9th January was also postponed

Pollok v Talbot on 9th January was postponed .

Pollok v Auchinleck 9/1/16 postponed why did beith also have 4 free Saturdays before Christmas surely fixture guru should be trying to keep amount of league games played similar in the best weather

Any of that jog your memory Davie?

Archived