Inverness CT v Dundee

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You'd have expected 12-15 points for ICT after the split and we took 12 so you can't really complain.  We've made the best out of a joke of a situation of actually being in the bottom 6.

Considering how pap we've been this season, we could have finished 4th (maybe even 3rd!!) if we didn't concede all those late goals.

Twinkle, on 14 May 2016 - 14:47, said:

In english please?

If you didn't understand that post purely because I had written the word 'season' twice in place of the word 'least' (Which has now been sorted), then it says more about your deductive reasoning skills than it does about my use of English.

Thank you.

If you didn't understand that post purely because I had written the word 'season' twice in place of the word 'least' (Which has now been sorted), then it says more about your deductive reasoning skills than it does about my use of English.

Thank you.

Glad we cleared that up

Turned out a much easier win than expected. Finishing 7th would have been regarded as a good season 10 years ago, just shows how much the bar has been raised since we came back up. 

Surprised how poor Dundee have become, certainly grown poorer as the season has progressed.

Surprised how poor Dundee have become, certainly grown poorer as the season has progressed.

Think as soon as we got pumped out the cups - after saying we'd be fully committed in them, playing full strength where possible - it was always gonna be difficult to achieve anything in the league, given how inconsistent we've been.

Can be seen two ways - bit of a meh season where we've failed to live up to (or at least consistently fulfil) last seasons promise. Or alternatively - another season of top flight comfortably secured via a mid-table finish whilst securing top dog status in the city again.

Eta: last season we finished on - W11 D12 L15. This season is W11 D15 L12. So we've effectively converted some of last seasons losses into draws to earn more points.

I'm happy with steady progression. It's exactly what we need.

Now the focus turns to holding on to our best players, or at least adequately replacing them.

Considering how pap we've been this season, we could have finished 4th (maybe even 3rd!!) if we didn't concede all those late goals.

Just looked at the goals against in the league table, 4th best. Only 6 more goals conceded than last season. 2 more goals scored for us than last season as well. It could be looked at that that six goal difference could be the goals lost late on in games especially earlier in the season where we could have held on and picked up points.

St. Johnstone and Dundee in August, St. Johnstone in October, Partick in November, Aberdeen in December, Dundee in February, St. Johnstone in March, Motherwell in April, pick any as costly examples where wins or draws have been lost. St. Johnstone have us sussed??.

Obviously the other teams when we don't put them away, know they will always get an opportunity against us in the last few minutes, a weakness in how we are set up?. Surely Yogi must be drilling into the players that they must be expected to keep the concentration levels up right to the final whistle?.

I think it's more the fact that when he take the lead our gameplay totally changes and we sit on our one box and spread our cheeks to the other team instead of trying to push for another goal to kill the team off.

It's inviting goals to be scored against us.

Our clusterfuck of a season has distracted Dundee fans from their poor campaign.

Discuss.

Our campaign was a mild disappointment but the more realistic Dundee fans will acknowledge we over achieved last season which led to increased expectation this season.

Combine that with the league being tougher with a decent jambos side replacing the St Mirren diddiesabd here we are.

We've stabilised as a top flight club, got 3 players into the team of the year, brought through a couple of home grown players into the first team squad so all in all its not been too bad.

The last 3 games have made it look a wee bit worse than it really is, but not only have we got a huge amount of players injured you could tell the players were on the beach already from the Hamilton game onward. That pisses me off personally but they were really meaningless fixtures.

Pep has once again acted quickly to bring in some fresh faces for next year and if we lose others he'll go out and sign replacements - the vast majority of his transfer dealings have been very good so I have faith in him to do so.

Utds season has been hilarious to watch but the trials and tribulations at your club have had no impact on my expectations for mine - I wanted top 6 and a cup run, I got 8th and a shite run in the cups so yes I'm a tad disappointed but a period of consolidation is what we've needed for quite some time - it's not been a bad season all in.

I think it's more the fact that when he take the lead our gameplay totally changes and we sit on our one box and spread our cheeks to the other team instead of trying to push for another goal to kill the team off.

It's inviting goals to be scored against us.

I question the intelligence of the person or persons responsible. Mistakes happen, but to not just repeat the same ones but invite the same circumstances repeatedly that cause situations that create opportunities for these mistakes to happen despite knowing our own strengths and weaknesses inside out is beyond stupidity, and I'm being polite here.

Our campaign was a mild disappointment but the more realistic Dundee fans will acknowledge we over achieved last season which led to increased expectation this season.

Combine that with the league being tougher with a decent jambos side replacing the St Mirren diddiesabd here we are.

We've stabilised as a top flight club, got 3 players into the team of the year, brought through a couple of home grown players into the first team squad so all in all its not been too bad.

The last 3 games have made it look a wee bit worse than it really is, but not only have we got a huge amount of players injured you could tell the players were on the beach already from the Hamilton game onward. That pisses me off personally but they were really meaningless fixtures.

Pep has once again acted quickly to bring in some fresh faces for next year and if we lose others he'll go out and sign replacements - the vast majority of his transfer dealings have been very good so I have faith in him to do so.

Utds season has been hilarious to watch but the trials and tribulations at your club have had no impact on my expectations for mine - I wanted top 6 and a cup run, I got 8th and a shite run in the cups so yes I'm a tad disappointed but a period of consolidation is what we've needed for quite some time - it's not been a bad season all in.

I agree. The second season can be very hard but I think we've consolidated well. My target of the season was to stay up with no relegation threat and we've achieved that. I really don't know what some of our fans are expecting sometimes it's like they've completely forgotten how pish we were for 8 years in the 1st division.

Was that the last we'll see of Stewart and McGinn? I fear so.

Archived