Falkirk vs Kilmarnock, Kilmarnock vs Falkirk

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My point still stands. It's a big step-up to play away matches against top-flight teams. Can you handle it?

Rangers and Hibs are both far stronger than Kilmarnock this season. There's not much between us and Killie; although we have momentum, confidence and luck on our side at the moment.

We'll need to bulk up for a start. As was said previously grant, vaulks,alston,sibbald and leahy would all be fine but wed need another 5 or 6 to really give it a bash.

Well straight off we know we need a new goalie, RB and CB so there's 3 that we'd bring in straight away. IF we get up there wouldn't be any point in signing 3 that wouldn't be up to it. If we were lucky enough to get McGrandles again (and he's still as good a player after his injury) that's another who would easily be good enough in the premier.

Getting a bit pissed off with this media frenzy over penalties not being given against us.

Fair enough, Luke missed the ball with his tackle, but the Killie player hurdled the challenge, kept his feet & made the cross. There wasn't any contact, unlike the push on Sibbald, which they bizarrely wish to dismiss.

If I didn't know any better, you'd think they were trying to put pressure on Sundays offcials to get Killie back in the tie!

I'm thinking the same thing. Another club on the brink of administration should they go down. Throw in the fact Willie Collum is the ref. Could someone give him a tap on the shoulder to swing this?

Im not that bothered about if we lose ...we never expected to be where we are now so its a bonus....if we lose we have a great championship to look forward to ....and if we win? well we might not be ready to step up as we are ..but Id not want us to get into debt just to play in the big boys league. Use the squad we have with a few additions in key areas and if we do well sobeit...but DONT get into most teams position of annually posting huge losses just to stay in the top league. Whats the point of being in the top league if u dont make PROFIT from doing so??

Falkirks squad right now is similar to Dundees club 12 effort.

We built a team to challenge for the championship (would've won it at the time IMO) but got promoted last minute and had to run with what we had.

We got fucking pumped.

Despite the roasters on here in sure Houston and the falkirk board are under no illusions to the task at hand should you go up.

You could do a lot worse than doing a Dundee 2014/15 and signing the pick of the top leagues relegated players along with a few promising championship players.

Or alternatively you could look at Hamilton, who won promotion via an unlikely victory over Hibs, and finished 7th the following season. They were pretty poor. And are still there.

There will be a number of poor Premiership sides next season, whether it's Falkirk or Kilmarnock that fill the final slot.

Partick, Inverness, Hamilton and one of Falkirk\Killie will all struggle.

Falkirk will he very competitive with those other three should we get through a very difficult tie tomorrow.

Or alternatively you could look at Hamilton, who won promotion via an unlikely victory over Hibs

Hamilton were a decent unit that season and were many folks favourites to win the play-off final, including myself.

The only 'unlikely' thing about the tie was the manner of Hibs win in the first leg which was thoroughly put right by a more true to form Hamilton in the second.

Or alternatively you could look at Hamilton, who won promotion via an unlikely victory over Hibs, and finished 7th the following season. They were pretty poor. And are still there.

The league table never lies but Hamilton were the best team we faced that season, I'm sure they started slowly which fecked them up but didn't in the end.

I'd have Hamilton favourites for the drop next season or at least 2nd bottom

I haven't really thot much about the game tomorrow, I've been rather chilled as compared to the Hibs ones. I think the gallous Hibs fans and us knowing the Hibs team made it a little more anxious albeit this being a bigger game, I'm sure I'll be more nervous tomorrow

I was far more nervous going into the Hibs matches as well. Hibs are a far better side than Kilmarnock but I am in no way taking promotion for granted, at best I would say we have a 50-50 chance tomorrow.

My main concern is that this will prove a game too many and the legs will have gone.

Thinking of going along to this with a Killie supporting mate.

On the Killie website it says it's an all ticket match, will we be able to pick up tickets at the shop before the game and is it open up til 3 o'clock?

Thinking of going along to this with a Killie supporting mate.

On the Killie website it says it's an all ticket match, will we be able to pick up tickets at the shop before the game and is it open up til 3 o'clock?

The club have only just tonight announced that the Moffat stand (behind the goals) will be open to pay at the gate from 1:45 so you won't have a problem. The East and West remain all ticket.

The club have only just tonight announced that the Moffat stand (behind the goals) will be open to pay at the gate from 1:45 so you won't have a problem. The East and West remain all ticket.

No Falkirk fans though, they will be chucked out if in this stand.

Archived