CLYDE FC season 16/17 Thread

If we are signing this player then give him a chance or you still gutted we didn't sign your pal Gemmell?

Nothing to do with any other player you seriously want to sign a centre half from a mid table lowland league team fair enough

Have a look at their goals conceded record last year

But if your happy with that kind of signing that's up to you

Nothing to do with any other player you seriously want to sign a centre half from a mid table lowland league team fair enough

Without covering the same ground again, you were happy to not sign an 18 goal midfielder from a higher level last summer. Or this summer, an attacking midfielder/striker who scored 13 goals and assisted 11 in this division a couple of years ago who has been plying his trade in the Championship. What is the profile of player which you want?

David Marsh was signed from Cumbernauld United and he has turned out to be a pretty decent player for us.

I'm not particularly bothered what division the guys we sign are in, if the manager likes the player and think he can do a job then that will do for me.

Without covering the same ground again, you were happy to not sign an 18 goal midfielder from a higher level last summer. Or this summer, an attacking midfielder/striker who scored 13 goals and assisted 11 in this division a couple of years ago who has been plying his trade in the Championship. What is the profile of player which you want?

All of this summer signings are the type of player vast majority of these guys are proven at this level and will enhance the team

However if everyone is happy to sign the type of player mentioned then fair enough I only offered an opinion

It's difficult to get exited about the prospect of Michael Oliver's return, particularly given the quality of the other players we've signed. That said, if his debilitating injury has subsided, perhaps we'll see a better player. But short and slightly built centre backs aren't out there in number for good reason.

Colin Marshall is a name I haven't heard in a while. Stuck him in Google, there. He's been plying his trade in Vanuatu! And apparently he has a YouTube channel devoted to himself. Funny. You might think he was a world-beater to see some of the footage from his time in Japan. Reminds me very much of Billy Gibson at St Pat's. Came back over here and couldn't get near the ball as a midfielder.

I remember at the time he was released, I was quite disappointed.

I did not know he has injury issues, good luck to the guy if he can come back, decent ability so give him a chance.

Agreed. He got an injury and had plenty of calmness and ability. We were crying out for pace at the back last season,We now have it (If he signs) & plenty moanin per.....

Young boy who has talent v lets say a so called experianced CH (Bolo) .... Only 1 winner for me. Only clyde fans can turn against a player before hes even pulled on a shirt. Unreal

Like the when we were rumoured to sign Euan Murray 😊

Like the when we were rumoured to sign Euan Murray 😊

He was pish though as a CF (Big difference) and im led to believe told club he was a forward when he played full career with motherwell as centre half,I told Disgracey that in farm and he disagreed,After 25mins up front it was confirmed by yours truly👠Edited by shawfield shed boy

Maybe that is the point? He could well be signing as a fourth/fifth centre half option, who can also play right back, left back etc. A player who has shown previously he can play at this level and may well have developed. And probably not on a particularly big wage. Might mean an extra few quid for a striker.