CLYDE FC season 16/17 Thread

I think the "over-reaction" is because we've picked up one point against two sides that'll probably not reach the playoffs. We are now playing catch-up early on, exactly the same as last season.

I've seen a number of posters use terms like 'calm down', 'don't panic' and 'massive over reaction' but I haven't seen what that's in response to, where's the evidence of 'panic'?

If it's people saying the defence needs to tighten up or we could use another proven goalscorer, that's not panic, it's just a statement of fact

It's still early in the season, but let's hope we're not reading 'ah but it's still early' when we're in late October like the last few seasons. 

Comparing Duffy to Ferguson obviously needs to factor in the monthly debt re-payments, money put aside during Duffy's time that isn't now, but don't really see the point in discussing that. BF's the manager now, it's a results based industry, he's said he got the players he wanted, so let's see how he gets on

I don't think its unreasonable to for supporters to mention their disappointment with the start we have had, I agree that there is no need to over react nor panic. Early days of course, however it is clear that there are indications that we are not managing games well. Leading late on and not getting 3 points or fighting to get even in game and coming away with nothing is not the way to potentially win leagues. Defending is not just back 3 or 4 responsibility, we seem at the moment missing something that allows us to kill game in midfield. I wont mention the goal keeper as it looks like I have a personal issue with him, obviously I don't.

It may be that the way we defend all over the park is a surprise to Barry and he will hopefully sort out, whether that is by changing personnel or set up, but it is obvious that we have one or two issues that contribute to the fact we lose really avoidable goals and therefore important points there is no doubt about that.

Does Mark Roberts departure mean we may have budget for another player?      

2 hours ago, FREDDYFRY said:

I don't think its unreasonable to for supporters to mention their disappointment with the start we have had, I agree that there is no need to over react nor panic. Early days of course, however it is clear that there are indications that we are not managing games well. Leading late on and not getting 3 points or fighting to get even in game and coming away with nothing is not the way to potentially win leagues. Defending is not just back 3 or 4 responsibility, we seem at the moment missing something that allows us to kill game in midfield. I wont mention the goal keeper as it looks like I have a personal issue with him, obviously I don't.

It may be that the way we defend all over the park is a surprise to Barry and he will hopefully sort out, whether that is by changing personnel or set up, but it is obvious that we have one or two issues that contribute to the fact we lose really avoidable goals and therefore important points there is no doubt about that.

Does Mark Roberts departure mean we may have budget for another player?      

It shouldn't be unreasonable, but Clyde fans quite often post on here in match threads, heavily weighed down by other motives -  and that's not aimed at you.

Even at the game on Saturday there was choice words between fans. I don't subscribe to this I've paid my money so I can call someone a useless c&^t theory.

We have some of the best fans in the league when things are going well, but some of the worst when it isn't. Even during Saturday's game, fans were well behind the teams when the scores were even at the various points, but unbelievably negative imo when we went behind.

The negativity of some of our fans, you are correct is terrible at times. I as have others commented on this several times. I have on many occasions felt like shifting from my usual seat because of this. Some of the folk round about where I sit (and most are rather more elderly than me) must have been some players in their day because they expect Messi like performances for 90 mins from every player. 

On 21 August 2016 at 18:15, Adolfo Rios said:

Think he is the same clown that has just said on Twitter to me that Clyde need to apologise to Cumbernauld and until then the town should abandon them like the club have tried to do to the town.

No.....seriously....emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

Sorry I didn't realise you are not allowed to criticise the commiseriat's decisions on all things ground wise. I only post when I think some other view than the 'party' line needs to be heard, or is everything that comes out of the guardians mouths the gospel truth, just like vote EK or die..

And for the record....it wisnae me on Twitter.

Sorry I didn't realise you are not allowed to criticise the commiseriat's decisions on all things ground wise. I only post when I think some other view than the 'party' line needs to be heard, or is everything that comes out of the guardians mouths the gospel truth, just like vote EK or die..

And for the record....it wisnae me on Twitter.

I wasn't talking about you I was referring to Urban Gorilla.

On 8/21/2016 at 16:38, Mon Da Clyde said:

Same with bigger picture and cannibal. The apalling Clyde66 may pop up too.

Would have more understanding of so called fans decided that they couldn't stomach any more of The on field dross we've been accustomed to since Joe Miller left.

Anything else is just a cop out.

Excuse me, but what the f**k are you on about?  I don't think I've mentioned the name situation once since it was dealt with and I didn't go and follow some other team.  So f**k off 

ETA - and you think someone who stops supporting the club because we are shite is more understandable than someone refusing to go due to a lying Chairman with a desire to throw away the club's history.  I'm not going over all that again but you have a strange idea of what being a football fan is.

Edited by Cannibal

I thought they team was wearing them this week and they would be available to fans in a couple of weeks ?

Quote from website earlier in the month ...
"The sample of the top was received this week, reviewed and following some final changes will now go into full production next week.

It will be worn by the team for our second home league game of the season, against Cowdenbeath, and the club expects to receive the replica shirts within the same timescale."

Quote from website earlier in the month ...
"The sample of the top was received this week, reviewed and following some final changes will now go into full production next week.

It will be worn by the team for our second home league game of the season, against Cowdenbeath, and the club expects to receive the replica shirts within the same timescale."

Just in the strip going to be delivered directly to the hampden museum :)