CLYDE FC season 16/17 Thread

Never met David but nobody has a bad word to say about him and he came across well on the official site and facebook page. Will be a big loss to the club.

Also noted on the official site that the generation shirts have been delayed again. Surely the club should be getting some kind of compensation from Hummel?

Having worked with David with the other guys for the race night I can honestly say he is a top man and was great for the club. Bridged a gap between fans and the club that little had been done to improve in a long time. He is gutted he had to leave and I'm gutted he has also. The timing for ourselves isn't great but he said as much to ourselves and apologised for it. Leaves on nothing but good terms.

The generations shirt is just beyond farcical now.

Having worked with David with the other guys for the race night I can honestly say he is a top man and was great for the club. Bridged a gap between fans and the club that little had been done to improve in a long time. He is gutted he had to leave and I'm gutted he has also. The timing for ourselves isn't great but he said as much to ourselves and apologised for it. Leaves on nothing but good terms.

Seems genuine guy and certainly did engage with fans

Not allowed any criticism over the generations strip.

^^^^^^^^
Harry Haddock think we have found you another candidate for the board :)

Can some of the money be used to buy Sao Paulo a Phil Johnston signed photo?

Better yet we auctioned a weeks training with the first team..he could put in a cheeky late bid and go tell Barry and the rest of the management what to do.

2 hours ago, Günther said:

Sure that can be arranged. Mind you, if Barry was to chuck it I'd be telling the board to give SP the job seeing as he knows better than Barry... :rolleyes: So that would make him Johnstons gaffer. 

2 hours ago, Adolfo Rios said:

Better yet we auctioned a weeks training with the first team..he could put in a cheeky late bid and go tell Barry and the rest of the management what to do.

Hey, listen. They're quite willing to hear from supporters. God love them, they even got rid of Sweeney for me. ;)

We'll call it a team effort. But I will say this...! At John Sweeney Appreciation Society meetings it was my face on the dartboard. You pair were an afterthought!

It did occur to me the other day that, perhaps more than for any other position, Barry's brought in/created a lot of decent central midfielders at Clyde - too many this year IMO - while binning some rubbish too. Perhaps that's understandable, given his career.