CLYDE FC season 16/17 Thread

3 minutes ago, Elementary Penguin said:

Ferguson hobbling with what appeared to be a hip problem more than the knee, if thats a good thing, and Johnstone looking like suffering a hamstring takes us down to nine fit outfielders of experience.....one of whom is on amateur terms. The  hand doesn't help. 

Ferguson is fine, nothing serious.

Very decent last night and enjoyable, if I ignore the palpitations of the last 10 mins of course! Not even going to discuss Gibson's contribution.

Credit of course to Gormley who absolutely turned up last night, also thought McNeil and McLaughlin had a terrific games. Wanted to mention Jordan McMillan however who looked really solid in the middle of the park, no coincidence that McLaughlin had such a good game, first in a long time, with the security McMillan offered. Only his 3rd game in such a long time and I think he will get better and better the more he plays. Not sure if anyone is showing any interest in him but would be a fantastic addition if we could get him till the end of the season.  (Just seen he is staying..great news)  

Also wonder if BF can or will go down the route of emergency loan in goals given Gibson situation for next round.     

Edited by FREDDYFRY

On 30 January 2017 at 23:18, BrigtonClyde said:

Progress had been made on that front and it's not entirely the case. But we haven't been able to sublet a stadium since 1936.  If we look at the well publicised recent proposals, we wouldnt either.  Two groundshares and an allegedly enhanced version of what we have at the moment.

Barring a multimillionaire coming in and building something which would send out a signal of "ambitious club" in a community where there was any potential at all, IE VERY few in Glasgow except perhaps Shawfield itself, what version of leaving Broadwood do you think would represent an interesting future? 

There's no doubt 300 fans at a subbuteo ground at Shettleston or Glencairn will sound louder than at Broadwood, but how does that help longer term?  Were you thinking all this when there was 3600 for our first game in the 1st Division in 2000?  Only half full but I didnt hear anyone complaining about the atmosphere

Unless you mean our lot is forever in League 1 / 2, then you've a point

Sounds to me that the new people at NLL are at least willing to listen.  If Clyde leave, and with it any potential media publicity whatsover on a regular basis, how exactly are they going to sell pitchside advertising?  If we were to progress even to the Championship, what do NLL have now that can come anywhere close to that level of footfall every 2 weeks?  How does it look for a public body accountable to taxpayers to lose their only ever senior team and be left with little more than a training facility for rugby with 8000 empty seats?  Serious people would realise this, have a sit down and negotiate a mutually beneficial arrangement.

We're no longer in debt.

Didn't the club announce an £80,000+ loss for the last financial year at the latest AGM? That would be considered as debt for a "business" that has little to no revenue. 

On 30 January 2017 at 15:15, Jack Burton said:

Very much agree with this point. We've had four failed attempts at moving to another ground. Would hate to think how much time and money has been spent on each.

I would rather we seeked out another CEO, external to the fan base, with the knowledge and vision to give the club some direction and focus. Would be happy to see some funds from the relocation or playing budget put to this use.

The match day experience is honking at Broadwood but I couldn't see it vastly increasing if we were playing at Shettleson or our own version of Dumbarton/East Fife's ground with the way things are on and off the park at present.

Four failed attempts? More like 24! Shettleston. Benburb. Shawfield. Ashfield. Cuningar. Broadwood. Glencairn. East Kilbride...and I'm led to believe many more. 

53 minutes ago, ChapmanBully said:

Didn't the club announce an £80,000+ loss for the last financial year at the latest AGM? That would be considered as debt for a "business" that has little to no revenue. 

My reference to debt was in relation to NLL which changes the perspective on future negotiations. Hard to do deals with people you owe money, but AFAIK that's no longer the case

As for a general debt situation, what was announced at an AGM I wouldn't know, others would need to answer that

An operating loss is not the same as a debt.

Accounts 101.

Heard from a reliable source that we played EK in a bounce game Finnie, JP and some other first team players and under 20s, Andrew Little was playing and still training with us he thinks we'll sign him. Don't know why we'd need Derek Lyle with McDonald, Gormely and possibly Little... some options but 

Lyle is still with Queen of the South. I really think he was just there to watch the game on Tuesday night.

Depending on how fit Little is he would be a decent signing. McMillan has worked out well despite him not playing until he signed for us.

Four failed attempts? More like 24! Shettleston. Benburb. Shawfield. Ashfield. LqAAà. Broadwood. Glencairn. East Kilbride...and I'm led to believe many more. 

Has it been confirmed that the Cunigar loop and the other unnamed options have "failed"?

Heard from a reliable source that we played EK in a bounce game Finnie, JP and some other first team players and under 20s, Andrew Little was playing and still training with us he thinks we'll sign him. Don't know why we'd need Derek Lyle with McDonald, Gormely and possibly Little... some options but 

Because Gormely is shit and has scored his goals for the season.

12 hours ago, Only one David Marsh said:

It amazes me that people think we are signing a player who is just there to watch a game. 

On 31/01/2017 at 21:39, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

He's good mates with McMillan who I seen was playing for you tonight

Yeah 'watch a game'

1.gif

Edited by Joma Boo