Bundesliga Boy

Has anyone got any updates on clubs who are/may be switching to 3g this summer?

East Fife and Cowdenbeath were mentioned in previous internet articles as being successful in grants to put a 3g at their grounds this summer.

Directors at Livingston and Albion Rovers were both quoted in the press earlier this season as having a strong interest in converting to 3g this year too.

All seems to have gone a bit quiet however.  Any fans from those clubs in the know, or know of any other clubs who may be doing likewise?

Alloa are putting down a new surface at the moment, replacing the much loved and much maligned carpet we had since 2007.

Yeah I think the pitch at Alloa had pretty much run its course, though kudos to the club all those years ago for having the foresight to put one down. 

The carpet at Montrose had been heavily criticised for a number of years too but I think they either replaced theirs last summer or plan to do it this summer.....can't remember which.

I believe that St Johnstone, Ross County and Partick are all exploring the possibility of a 3G pitch

Completely forgot that Geoff Brown stated that it would be remiss of him not to consider putting one down. 

Hadn't heard about Ross County or Partick.  Suspect the latter may be another couple of seasons away as Archibald is vehemently against them. (other than for training purposes).

Completely forgot that Geoff Brown stated that it would be remiss of him not to consider putting one down. 

Hadn't heard about Ross County or Partick.  Suspect the latter may be another couple of seasons away as Archibald is vehemently against them. (other than for training purposes).

When the pitches were doon the shitter in January, it was stated that 3 Premiership clubs were exploring astro pitches. Ross County and Partick's were in the worst nick of all the Premiership clubs. I've heard that a highland club were keen on putting one in. I assume it's County as they have the money to put one in unlike ICT.

When the pitches were doon the shitter in January, it was stated that 3 Premiership clubs were exploring astro pitches. Ross County and Partick's were in the worst nick of all the Premiership clubs. I've heard that a highland club were keen on putting one in. I assume it's County as they have the money to put one in unlike ICT.

Wrong, its us. 

Back in January 2015 our chairman Kenny Cameron talked about his enthusiasm for the artificial pitch and had said that it would probably happen within the next couple of years especially after the state of our pitch during the winter months which resulted in a five figure repair cost, so makes financial sense.

Yeah I think the pitch at Alloa had pretty much run its course, though kudos to the club all those years ago for having the foresight to put one down.

The carpet at Montrose had been heavily criticised for a number of years too but I think they either replaced theirs last summer or plan to do it this summer.....can't remember which.

Montrose's was replaced last summer. It was badly needed. Forfar's is excellent as well.

Has anyone got any updates on clubs who are/may be switching to 3g this summer?

East Fife and Cowdenbeath were mentioned in previous internet articles as being successful in grants to put a 3g at their grounds this summer.

Directors at Livingston and Albion Rovers were both quoted in the press earlier this season as having a strong interest in converting to 3g this year too.

All seems to have gone a bit quiet however.  Any fans from those clubs in the know, or know of any other clubs who may be doing likewise?

We can't afford it, so its unfortunately a no for Albion Rovers. The Community company are applying to be a charity and therefore in the future might get better access to grants - but not happening next season. 

We can't afford it, so its unfortunately a no for Albion Rovers. The Community company are applying to be a charity and therefore in the future might get better access to grants - but not happening next season. 

Applying to be a charity is certainly a step in the right direction and should open up other avenues such as Spotscotland who may opt to match-fund the project.  Good luck!

Applying to be a charity is certainly a step in the right direction and should open up other avenues such as Spotscotland who may opt to match-fund the project.  Good luck!

cheers - the Community side of the club has taken massive steps in the past two seasons. Rovers have affiliated teams from primary 1 kids to under 19s ( who reached the Scottish Cup Final) so hopefully we tick the boxes for these grants kicking about. 

Archived