Football in Lewis and Harris

The Mantis

Forgive me guys, this is amateur football, but it's the highest level in the islands and the clubs have setups like Juniors with social clubs etc. Thought some of youse might be interested judging by my previous blogs

MOVING THE GOALPOSTS

Good stuff - my cousin lives in Stornaway tempted to go and visit. Will ask when we meet in June. Probably need to give the liver a long rest before and after mind you.....

Home of the greatest team in the Islands, the rest are southern softies.

Many an unhappy evening spent watching Ness as a nipper.

post-10864-0-81260200-1463679234_thumb.j

post-10864-0-94753900-1463679250_thumb.j

Fairplay to you DRS I cycled past the ground a couple of years ago whilst cycling from Butt of Lewis to Vatersay - I remember thinking at the time that it must be a God forsaken place to watch a game of football in the middle of winter !!!

Lovely little ground mind.

Fairplay to you DRS I cycled past the ground a couple of years ago whilst cycling from Butt of Lewis to Vatersay - I remember thinking at the time that it must be a God forsaken place to watch a game of football in the middle of winter !!!

Summer football though.

Mind you you get some horrendous weather in April sometimes when it kicks off.

P.s. What kind of muppet starts at the Butt and goes south :lol:

Started at Tarbert cycled up to the Butt and then all the way down to Vatersay - cycled Clisham from both directions - sucker for punishment me.

Plus told the wife that the Western Isles were flat  :thumsup2

Started at Tarbert cycled up to the Butt and then all the way down to Vatersay - cycled Clisham from both directions - sucker for punishment me.

Plus told the wife that the Western Isles were flat  :thumsup2

I have a mate who got a bad head injury on the Clisham and spent a week in Western Isles Hospital. The other guys were away ahead coasting down the North side and he thinks the wind plucked him off.

I cycled from the ferry in North Uist down to Barra and back many years ago over 3 days. Couldn't buy sun cream anywhere and got a badly burned napper.

Home of the greatest team in the Islands, the rest are southern softies.

Many an unhappy evening spent watching Ness as a nipper.

Depends what age you are, could have been many a happy evening. Ness pretty poor right now...

Archived