Gartcairn Juniors 2016/17

Gartcairn Army

At the end of the day Players are human and to some like in normal life cash is king so you can't criticize anybody for that.

2 points

1. Money doesn't buy you success but obviously it gives you a greater chance to succeed

2. Hopefully and I'm sure the lads at Gartcairn will do, is it's got to be sustainable, I'm not privy to wage bills etc and its nobody else's business anyway, just hope it doesn't go tits up as there is no point doing all the great work with the junior teams and making it a community club for it not to achieve its end goal through overfunding to get out the lower league(s).

But there seems to be a lot of dedicated, hard working lads desperate to make it work.

Good luck to them

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got to laugh guys regarding "big Money" we don't offer anything other than expenses and a few of the players we have signed including Kev and Jordon had better financial offers elsewhere, even from teams in our own league.These players came and seen the setup and listened to the Gartcairn story and with the players we already have, decided to sign.

To be honest as soon as we sign a good player people just assume its money. look at Forth last season with Wullie Mclaren and barry McGeechan, 2 top players and nothing said about money but thats just part of being Gartcairn lol

That wasnt a dig at Forth by the way lol just a point that is valid.

We treat our players with as much professionalism as we can and use our sponsors to provide breakfasts or lunches or Gym memberships etc. If this is wrong then i'm sorry

Just going to put this out there and people on here can believe me or not....I was lucky enough to be asked to assist Gerry Bonham at Gartcairn towards the end of last season, I met some great players who I consider friends now and a hard working ,commited group of people behind the scenes building a fantastic community based football club. I was also involved in the discussions about the wage structure of the football team (info that will remain private as far as I'm concerned)....the talk on hear about "big money " being paid to players is complete and utter nonsense. Trust me on this, I have been involved in other clubs who paid much more to their players. How the players are treated and how they see the club progressing and the manager and his assistant is why these players are signing for Gartcairn....I for one wish them every success..MTC.

Just going to put this out there and people on here can believe me or not....I was lucky enough to be asked to assist Gerry Bonham at Gartcairn towards the end of last season, I met some great players who I consider friends now and a hard working ,commited group of people behind the scenes building a fantastic community based football club. I was also involved in the discussions about the wage structure of the football team (info that will remain private as far as I'm concerned)....the talk on hear about "big money " being paid to players is complete and utter nonsense. Trust me on this, I have been involved in other clubs who paid much more to their players. How the players are treated and how they see the club progressing and the manager and his assistant is why these players are signing for Gartcairn....I for one wish them every success..MTC.

utter bullshit mate. Your only embarrassing yourself with that post. Anyone who knows a number of players that gartcairn have signed knows the players in question are only signing for money so either your being fed shit or talking it

In fairness if Gartcairn are spending big good on them for getting the funds in.

I for one think they will be to strong for the 2nd division next season. I've put on here who I've told they have signed and I've very impressed with it.

Good luck to Gartcairn

Archived