Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

32 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I know your name you intolerable c**t. I'll hand it to Tam if you don't give us more of a hint who it is.

I already know his name, it's not hard between here and Twitter to work out. 

Just tell us the fucking name ffs. The more it's out in the open the more chance of us being gazumped by some other diddies. You know it makes sense.

The manager has said he's talking to a number of players. There's no point getting hung up about players who might not even sign for us. If it is Sammon, I'd be disappointed but there's no harm in the manager having a chat with him, if he has done that.

3 minutes ago, Radford said:

The manager has said he's talking to a number of players. There's no point getting hung up about players who might not even sign for us. If it is Sammon, I'd be disappointed but there's no harm in the manager having a chat with him, if he has done that.

You bitch.

I don't want us to sign Conor Sammon but he's a player who has had a couple of decent spells in his career and maybe TW wanted a chat with him to see why he feels it's not happened for him in the past few years? I'm not gonna get caught up in worrying about an informal chat, if such a thing took place.

I want Michael O'Halloran and think we could get away with just signing one player if we got him but either way, that's the type of attacker we need, someone to face defenders up.

4 minutes ago, pittsburgh phil said:

I saw Sammon at Dublin airport recently and I must admit to thinking.. hmm could he do a job with us? Strangely, I think he could. Just sayin'.

Well the car park still needs retarmaced I suppose.

I don't want us to sign Conor Sammon but he's a player who has had a couple of decent spells in his career and maybe TW wanted a chat with him to see why he feels it's not happened for him in the past few years? I'm not gonna get caught up in worrying about an informal chat, if such a thing took place.
I want Michael O'Halloran and think we could get away with just signing one player if we got him but either way, that's the type of attacker we need, someone to face defenders up.

How much of a chance do you think we have of getting MOH?

TW - "I want us to spend money this summer boss, I desperately want a new striker, we rely too much on Macca so we need a goalscorer, someone who's different to what we have, someone befitting a top six club"

SB - "Who have you got in mind?"

TW - "Well... There's this 30 year old striker who got 30 goals in the past 7 seasons..."

2 minutes ago, pittsburgh phil said:

Horses running through council estates, badly tarmacced stadium carparks? Der's more to Oireland dan dis surely.

Plus his bird was a total wid.

Ha! That didn't even click. I just thought of a job a big diddy could do for us at McD. 

15 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

How much of a chance do you think we have of getting MOH?

Don't know. He could have £500k left on his deal at Rangers but it doesn't look like we're prepared to offer a fee or you'd imagine we'd have tried that already and it would probably have leaked out. He's going to be taking a huge hit if he comes to Saints on a permanent deal so would be looking for a pay-off but how far would Rangers stretch? They've already paid out likely £700k on him.

For a loan, there are two ways of looking at it. The simple one is that he's sent to whatever club covers the most of his wages. The other is that Rangers and the player view it as a shop window and that scenario could work in Saints' favour given his success here before.

Edited by Radford