Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

They signed them all, but that performance was on the players today. They’re still professionals playing against a very average Motherwell team with little to play for.

Its all very well Brown coming out with that in an interview, but is it Davidson’s fault he’s so limited on the ball that every time he gets on it at right back with acres of space in front of him all he wants to do is turn back?  It’s not Davidson that asks Carey to kick a corner straight out for a goal kick. Or MacPherson to hit every dead ball at the first man.

Callum Davidson is gone, and rightly so, but too many imposters making a living in football are always looking to blame others. A wee bit self-awareness and have a wee think about that utter shite 5 or 6 of them produced in that second half in a huge game for us is required this weekend.

22 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Such a beautiful read this. Sadly I think you’ll just stay up. It’s a b*****d. 

Youre about to hire, and allow to build an entire squad, the person who created our situation. 

team of complete shitebags with zero leadership. do people actually think Cammy MacPherson is good enough to play for us? he was the pick of the bunch when it comes to being utterly shite, although MacLennan ran him close with his dreadful cameo. I'm aware there's a a fair few under contract but i honestly wouldn't care if any player in that squad didn't play for us ever again. 

Today just proved to me that our inability to find a striker such as Van Veen since forever is the cause of all our problems and if which is highly possible we go down it is totally our own fault.

We are just poor to watch as we don’t ever look like scoring.

3 minutes ago, Dick Van Dyke said:

team of complete shitebags with zero leadership. do people actually think Cammy MacPherson is good enough to play for us? 

I do, tbh. He was poor today but he wasnt the only one being caught on the ball/giving it away. Hes just a lightening rod for frustration because hes always getting on the ball so you see it more.

Folk like Carey and Wright just hid while Stevie May was back to just greeting and dropping into midfield the whole time rather than being a striker, id say all 3 worse than MacPherson today (which isnt me saying MacPherson played well).

Think today confirms the fate of Murphy too. Decent impact sub at points but brings little to nothing every time he starts. Considine probably confirms he needs replaced in the starting eleven too, to me. So, so, clumsy because hes half a second slow, if we're playing more open the CBs have to be almost flawless in important moments and hes yet again cost us.

22 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Youre about to hire, and allow to build an entire squad, the person who created our situation. 

To be completely accurate I wouldn’t appoint him to clean our office toilets, I thought he’d be a shite manager, and said so when you appointed him. 
Every day that goes by without an announcement makes it seem less likely he’s coming to Dens, and that once more you’ve been all over Dundee threads spouting shite. Some people never learn. 

44 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

To be completely accurate I wouldn’t appoint him to clean our office toilets, I thought he’d be a shite manager, and said so when you appointed him. 
Every day that goes by without an announcement makes it seem less likely he’s coming to Dens, and that once more you’ve been all over Dundee threads spouting shite. Some people never learn. 

Could you imagine how youse behave if Dundee won a single trophy... Never mind a fucking double. 

You'd want yourself into fucking oblivion. 

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

I do, tbh. He was poor today but he wasnt the only one being caught on the ball/giving it away. Hes just a lightening rod for frustration because hes always getting on the ball so you see it more.

Folk like Carey and Wright just hid while Stevie May was back to just greeting and dropping into midfield the whole time rather than being a striker, id say all 3 worse than MacPherson today (which isnt me saying MacPherson played well).

Agree with this. MacPherson was very frustrating and had a poor game but he kept trying to get involved.

His was a shite performance rather than a shitebag performance. 

56 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Could you imagine how youse behave if Dundee won a single trophy... Never mind a fucking double. 

You'd want yourself into fucking oblivion. 

You been on the sheep dip?

I’m not saying that we shouldn’t be looking to upgrade on MacPherson, but I’ve actually less of an issue with him than a lot of players on that pitch today. So many players shirking responsibility, so many players hiding - MacPherson was neither. He was poor, but a lot of players are utter shitebags, and that’s a bigger issue for me.