Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

4 minutes ago, Widge said:

I’m going to be honest, it screams cheap punt with shades of Wallace Duffy; however we need all the cover we can get right now. He must have something about him to have been at 2 Premiership teams I guess. 

Its impossible to know how EPL youths will go, IMO. He should be physically/technically sound due to coming through at Southampton but maybe make mistakes in the senior game.

Initial thought was he'd be used more at right back but ive not seen a single second so just guesswork. 

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Its impossible to know how EPL youths will go, IMO. He should be physically/technically sound due to coming through at Southampton but maybe make mistakes in the senior game.

Initial thought was he'd be used more at right back but ive not seen a single second so just guesswork. 

Coming through at that level you’d expect him to be physically strong and fast which does tend to mask basic mistakes. I guess the issue is, like Duffy he’s had no senior games and might fall for the experienced tricks up here. Either way another body isn’t a bad thing and you hope he’s got potential. The fact he’s had a couple of trials already down south and not signed on maybe isn’t a brilliant sign. 

17 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

No. 

As your assumption who it is is indeed correct. 

Preston's mob

I  am once again begging our club to stop using every fucker on his payroll.

22 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

CB who can play RB, but doesnt seem to have ever played a senior game.

Livi signed Morgan Boyes, also a centre back, roughly the same age, also from Liverpool, and he'd only made two senior appearances (on loan not for Liverpool). He's been good.

12 minutes ago, Widge said:

Coming through at that level you’d expect him to be physically strong and fast which does tend to mask basic mistakes. I guess the issue is, like Duffy he’s had no senior games and might fall for the experienced tricks up here. Either way another body isn’t a bad thing and you hope he’s got potential. The fact he’s had a couple of trials already down south and not signed on maybe isn’t a brilliant sign. 

Just watched a few minutes of him and the initial thought was that he is, ironically, a CB version of Bair. He seemed to play against Rochdale for Liverpools U21s and had a complete shocker.

Its a small sample size, too small to be fair, but I'd be worried if he plays CB for us. Could be decent value as a battering ram RB though.

Edited by RandomGuy.

The fact it's another defender maybe gives us a clue we've got more to come in than Maclean has been letting on (prior to Saturday's post match interview anyway). Certainly isn't one of the originally 3 we were told to expect anyway. 

27 minutes ago, FreedomFarter said:

Livi signed Morgan Boyes, also a centre back, roughly the same age, also from Liverpool, and he'd only made two senior appearances (on loan not for Liverpool). He's been good.

I honestly don't think he has been, at fault for quite a few goals and looked very naive. It's no wonder he's one of the CBs Martindale is open to letting go

26 minutes ago, mizfit said:

I  am once again begging our club to stop using every fucker on his payroll.

That would worry me somewhat were I a Saints fan. Steven MacLean, St Johnstone and lots of Scottish clubs are possibly quite reliant on agencies for players and I wonder to what extent that kind of relationship has replaced their own scouting and recruitment networks. 

2 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

That would worry me somewhat were I a Saints fan. Steven MacLean, St Johnstone and lots of Scottish clubs are possibly quite reliant on agencies for players and I wonder to what extent that kind of relationship has replaced their own scouting and recruitment networks. 

You're about 3 years late in warning us.

1 minute ago, PSJ.84 said:

Ben Doak inbound

The wildest rumour of the Summer, without questions.

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

You're about 3 years late in warning us.

Fair enough, it's news to me though - had no idea Scottish clubs were so dependent on scummy agencies like that. I visited ICM Stellar's website and they're a nasty looking bunch.

https://icmstellar.com/team/#agents-scouts

image.thumb.png.181f4638da79e770201cb74c11660d26.png

Edited by 2426255

Not impressed by this one. Has Macca forgotten how poor Muller and Dendoncker were? Fair enough taking a punt on one of Mclelland or olufunwa but not both. Also if he’s taking players from Preston’s mob it shows little has changed from Davidson