Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

5 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Why did St Johnstone not try and sign Leak or Nightengale?  Not saying they’re any good, but surely they’d have given you more options?

You wouldve gotten them ahead of us regardless.

I dont understand why people think we've purposely avoided all the obviously good signings other clubs have made. We're currently one of the least appealing clubs in the division for players.

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I dont understand why people think we've purposely avoided all the obviously good signings other clubs have made. We're currently one of the least appealing clubs in the division for players.

I don’t know.  I really think somebody like Leak would have seen at least some appeal in St Johnstone.  I mean, we’ll never know, but from the outside it looks like the club have left it very late in the day to make glaringly obvious signings. 

1 minute ago, Savage Henry said:

I don’t know.  I really think somebody like Leak would have seen at least some appeal in St Johnstone.  I mean, we’ll never know, but from the outside it looks like the club have left it very late in the day to make glaringly obvious signings. 

Do you not think we'd rather sign someone like that than a kid from Barrow?

We've zero money and hes got to spread that over about 10 signings.

This Summer took so long to get going because Callum Davidsons preparation for a Summer window was booking trips to the golf course and hoping agents offered him good players. He had to start the whole process from scratch in June while other clubs had been working on targets since last year. 

5 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Sounds like we have enough leaks in our defence at the minute!!!!!

14 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

And for fans

Even taking into account the injuries (which is another fair question to pose the club, why are there always so many?) that was completely unacceptable. We looked beaten from the first minute and the goalkeeper/poor finishing on the part of County made the score look semi respectable. 

1 fit right back, and he's played 2 senior professional games in his whole career at 22, no left backs, 1 fit winger and absolutely no pace anywhere in the team. We are a complete shambles. 

1 minute ago, DukDukGoose said:

Rory Loy on Sportsound trying to cause a bit of issue earlier by claiming MacLean is throwing players under the bus with his press interviews.

Could be bias on my part but I’ve felt a couple times since he’s became a pundit he clearly has an issue with St. Johnstone for one reason or another.  

Thank god we don’t have a game next week.  Hopefully gives us time to get a few more players in and some others back from injury.

Our season has to start against Dundee. As between that we have the old firm who will decimate us if we turn up like we did today. 

On 10/08/2023 at 15:20, Widge said:

That graphic shows you in a nutshell what Cammy Ballantyne doesn't bring to the team. How can a professional midfielder complete 3 passes in virtually 90 minutes, that's criminal!

He completed 4 passes today, you'll be glad to know.

Edited by RandomGuy.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

He completed 4 passes today, you'll be glad to know. He attempted 31...

Holy f**k. Even if you're just hopefully punting  the ball you'd expect a better pass success rate of around 8%

5 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Holy f**k. Even if you're just hopefully punting  the ball you'd expect a better pass success rate of around 8%

Nah Ive ballsed it, its 31% success rate 😂

Edited by RandomGuy.

19 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

Could be bias on my part but I’ve felt a couple times since he’s became a pundit he clearly has an issue with St. Johnstone for one reason or another.  

We signed Rory Fallon for FFS instead of him if i remember correctly!